Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

KL Collection

Article about: A fascinating collection Carl ! Nick

Default Re: KL Collection

A fascinating collection Carl !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KL Collection
    P
    Many

These items really bring home the true horror of what nazi germany was up to and the millions of innocent and beautiful people who lost their lives. I personally would love to own a peice of history like this(not because of any morbid fascination)because it is so important to teach our own children about the terrible acts that us humans can inflict on one another.Thanks so much for shareing,and if you decide to part with anything let me know.

?

A current project has presented the opportunity to co-operate with a local historian of the Holyšov area near Plzen, not far from the Bavarian border. Holyšov was the site of the Flossenburg subcamp KL-Holleischen, and the metal works facility MWH (MetalwerkeHoilleischen) during the war, and the prisoners at the camp were among the forced labourers at the MWH facility. Several years ago, my contact was able to tour and study the former facility buildings, and found examples similar to these, uncirculated KL Holleischen tokens, untouched and still in sheet form within the vault.
    Attached Images Attached Images KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection 

?

Another set of images related to camp post, including an October 1941 example from a female prisoner at KL Ravensbruck.

Note the censorship.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Collection   KL Collection  

KL Collection   KL Collection  

KL Collection  

?

A period postcard from Holleischen...
    Attached Images Attached Images KL Collection 

Thank you for this thread Carl, you have some very very interesting items with the information behind them! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Some detailed shots of the postal control stamp markings found on period pieces originating from KL-Dachau...

Note the different styles used.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Collection   KL Collection  

KL Collection  

?

A period photograph of Karl Rahm, the third and final Kommandant at Theresienstadt. Taken during his post war trial. Note the look on the guard's face.
    Attached Images Attached Images KL Collection  KL Collection  KL Collection 

?

And another detail shot of the postal control marking on a letter from an inmate, this time, from Mauthausen-Gusen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KL Collection  

?

More examples, from KL-Auschwitz...and KL-Dachau.

KL Collection  

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast