Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Latest Addition!

Article about: Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I know I have not been as active on this forum over the last year or so. Some of you may know my wife and I are enjoying are new little boy who is now over a year

?

Default Latest Addition!

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know I have not been as active on this forum over the last year or so. Some of you may know my wife and I are enjoying are new little boy who is now over a year old. When time allows I have spotted items that I can't resist and also learned to send some items on its way to new collectors. I am unfortunately not in the position to keep all that comes into my hands. Times like these have helped me stream line my focus a little but as we all know that can be a challenge. Ok, enough babbling you are saying to yourself ...so here it is...a wonderful grouping of items from a family member of a veteran who is no longer with us. The veteran served with the 7th Army's 21st corp of engineers. I spoke with the family member and he shared some of the stories told by the vet about the items within this bundle. The US uniforms are still available and I am saving up to purchase them. I would like to keep this all together for as long as I can. The daggers and in unissued condition with the 2nd Luftwaffe marked with Tiger werks logo. At some point in time I will get some more photos together when time allows. Besides the fact that everything in this lot is my favorite yes even the zink pested tinnies ...what do you think are the two items that I am the most excited about?
    Let me read your guess and what you like most...(experienced collectors please don't spill the beans by defining it just yet...I know what you see there as well) just want to see who looking!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest Addition!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latest Addition!
    P
    Many

?

A few close ups...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest Addition!   Latest Addition!  

Latest Addition!   Latest Addition!  

Latest Addition!  

MAP
    ?

Great haul. Why can't I ever find groupings like this!!!!

My guess is the little buckle (would like to see better pictures) and the DRK dagger. But that flag with the castle is intriguing....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Great haul. Why can't I ever find groupings like this!!!!

My guess is the little buckle (would like to see better pictures) and the DRK dagger. But that flag with the castle is intriguing....

This type of haul only comes once in a while for me. I have had a few. The DRK officers dagger with hanger is a huge bonus and the flag is a US corp of engineers flag is ver nice as well. But those are not the ones I'm "most" excited about. Thanks for checking it out!

?

Map.....you are correct about the little buckle as one of my favorites...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latest Addition!   Latest Addition!  

Latest Addition!  

?

Nice find friend. These kind of finds are getting few and far between.

MAP
    ?

OK...just noticed a few things.

What is the "Rock" for? from the beach of Normandy?

What is the thin cross about the DRK dagger. And also, is that a "stamp" next to the flag tinnie?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

WOW, what a great find, and to have the history of the grouping makes it priceless to me! Get those uniforms as well, your little nipper will appreciate it when he grows up and he has an inheritance that money will probably not be able to buy anymore! Leon.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    OK...just noticed a few things.

What is the "Rock" for? from the beach of Normandy?

What is the thin cross about the DRK dagger. And also, is that a "stamp" next to the flag tinnie?
    Good eye! That is number 3 depending on how you look at it. Not from Normandy but from another notable place. It is all part of the journey.
    The stamp is for the Reichsbahn...it is the source of the daggers....
    The cross is a tinnie pretty common one with a shirt on it...no big deal

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    WOW, what a great find, and to have the history of the grouping makes it priceless to me! Get those uniforms as well, your little nipper will appreciate it when he grows up and he has an inheritance that money will probably not be able to buy anymore! Leon.
    Leon,
    I agree with your thoughts. There are two field jackets and a dress one as well. I am going to stay in contact with the gentleman who sold it to me.
    Best,
    Jeff

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast