Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Lets see your mintiest items!!

Article about: Thanks Ned, made by Steinhauer and Luck in five pieces with pegged centre EK and enamelled red ring...just as yours was made ! unfortunatly worth no where near yours ! Prost ! Steve.

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Lets see your mintiest items!!

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Yeah, me too AIF.........!

Dont you just love it when you get scores like this, It used to happen to me all the time when I was young family and neighbours would always be giving me what they termed as useless old army crap that no one would want much to my mothers annoyance, It doesnt seem to happen a lot these days unfortunately as I guess there is not so many old war vetrans left now to give their stuff away.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lets see your mintiest items!!
    P
    Many

I was given a WWII Canadian Army helmet by another
    neighbour in the early 70's. Sold it in 1979 for $20.
    I believe there is still a load of stuff in old trunks
    and chests yet to be discovered. Given away ?
    maybe not so much today.

But then again, just look at what GIZMO has found
    recently at his family's recycling plant.........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 04-16-2014 at 06:20 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

AIF
    ?

Yeah true a lot of people do still throw stuff out, I used to know the old lady who ran the local rubbish tip/recycling centre, she has unfortunately passed away now and the place closed down but she used to keep any old army stuff aside for me It was amazing what would turn up there, but It was mainly Australian stuff I never saw any German gear. Ive been checking a new recycling centre out not too far from me that sells all the decent stuff they find and I have picked up some Vietnam and modern stuff really cheap but nothing from ww2 as of yet.

Luke.

?

This grouping of medals were given to me by good friend of the widow of RCASC Cpl John Delves, among many other items including his Canadian insignia and cap badges, an early SA/SS Gorget complete with chain shown on the 22 Standarte tunic ensemble, all came in the original box with the 1946 postmarked box and stamps, that John sent to his wife in Vancouver Island. The friend gave them to me as he is not a collector and he knew I would not split these up and sell them but honor John's memory by keeping his war memento's together and together they will stay so long as I am alive.

I have had other incredible items given to me, its amazing what is still out there. However, the families, now getting onto the 3rd generation researches the internet and profit off the items. The days of the veterans or widows giving these items to collectors who value them not for their monetary value but for their historical value are pretty much over.

Attachment 254282
    Attachment 254283
    Attachment 254281

?

PS my compliments to the many fantastic items in this thread.

AIF
    ?

Awesome Items as always Doug!!

And I agree awesome items guys!! keep'em coming

Your collection is INSANE!!
    Quote by DougB View Post
    This grouping of medals were given to me by good friend of the widow of RCASC Cpl John Delves, among many other items including his Canadian insignia and cap badges, an early SA/SS Gorget complete with chain shown on the 22 Standarte tunic ensemble, all came in the original box with the 1946 postmarked box and stamps, that John sent to his wife in Vancouver Island. The friend gave them to me as he is not a collector and he knew I would not split these up and sell them but honor John's memory by keeping his war memento's together and together they will stay so long as I am alive.

I have had other incredible items given to me, its amazing what is still out there. However, the families, now getting onto the 3rd generation researches the internet and profit off the items. The days of the veterans or widows giving these items to collectors who value them not for their monetary value but for their historical value are pretty much over.

Attachment 254282
    Attachment 254283
    Attachment 254281

It's amazing that today, when most people know there is a monetary
    value to these items, the few who don't know - or don't care,
    toss them to the curb.

Fantastic collection of medals, Doug. That was some gift !
    Minty tunic ensemble too.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Your collection is INSANE!!
    As am I... :-)

PS< the last post I made with the items from John Delves was in response/agreement to the insight provided by AIF, these medals are far from mint but I love them nonetheless given their Canadian heritage and the fact they were given to me to honor his memory. I had dead mint medals in each of these, many cased and I sold each one as these mean so much more to me even though many of them the condition is not mint.

In fact one of the wound badges still has the German soldiers badge loupes on it, as was told to me by Canadian vets they would simply rip the badges off the tunics of the Germans when they surrendered. This wound badge is clear evidence of this.

The people that don't know, or care, are the ones to buy from. I've gotten sick deals from them! I even gave them more then they asked, because I can't rip someone off.
    Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    It is amazing that today most people know that there is a monetary value
    to these items, and where a few folks don't know, or don't care,
    they toss them to the curb.

Fantastic collection of medals, Doug. That was some gift !
    Minty tunic ensemble too.........!

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast