Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Life Guards Trooper's Helmet

Article about: There does not seem to be anywhere else on the forum to properly start this thread, so I trust here is OK. This is an other ranks review order helmet for the Life Guards, senior regiment of

?

Default Life Guards Trooper's Helmet

There does not seem to be anywhere else on the forum to properly start this thread, so I trust here is OK.
    This is an other ranks review order helmet for the Life Guards, senior regiment of the sadly diminished British Army. I've had this helmet for close on 20 years, but these are the first ( semi) decent photos. It has a King's Crown on the front plate, so it was likely worn pre 1953.
    Thanks for looking, and for any comments.

BobSLife Guards Trooper's HelmetLife Guards Trooper's HelmetLife Guards Trooper's Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Life Guards Trooper's Helmet
    P
    Many

A very nice-looking helmet!

Not something I know much about Bob, but it looks great. Did the life guards used to be the Coldstream Guards?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

No Jerry

I was in the Life Guards armoured regiment.

We were part of the Household Division as were the Coldsream, Grenadier, Scots, Irish and Welsh Guards. They were the infantry /foot guards, we and the Blues & Royals were the mounted/armoured regiments of the Division

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I asked because the badge looks like that for the Coldstream Guards?
    Regards,

Jerry

Yes it does Jerry you are right! However the motto ' honi soit qui mal y Pense' was the Life Guards motto ( Evil Be To Him Who Evil Thinks)

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

...and did you kept the helmet??
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    ...and did you kept the helmet??
    ;-)
    |<
    I chose not to take part in the ceremonial side just the armoured regiment so I never had the privilege, I don't like horses

Nick

The Coldstream also use that motto, it is the standard order of the garter motto.

Coldstream Guards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Order of the Garter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Life Guards Trooper's Helmet  
    Regards,

Jerry

Here I am as a young Life Guard

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Life Guards Trooper's Helmet 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast