Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16fan items

Article about: Just wanted to share a group of items I've obtained from David (M16fan). Please share any items from him you may have. Thanks

CBH
    ?

Default M16fan items

Just wanted to share a group of items I've obtained from David (M16fan).
    Please share any items from him you may have. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16fan items   M16fan items  

M16fan items  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16fan items
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

And you said I bought a lot....LoL.

That is a spectacular group. Really should have gone the extra mile and bought a skull.

Here are mine. I think this is all of it.

1) GAB - rare 1st pattern unmarked Karl Wurster Tombak
    2) GAB - less common 4 rivet zinc unknown maker
    3) Krim Shield
    4) Gold Wound Badge in Tombak marked 30 (Hauptman Wien) with less seen flat pin with a unique vet done bent pin
    5) EK1 Pinback Deumer - marked "3" PKZ number with less common font used on the "3"

For those of you who might have forgotten, David sold this true "horde" find of a Vet who was in the 2nd Infantry, 9th Regiment, I Company. The 9th, at the end of the war was based in Rokycan Czechoslovakia where they set up camps to process the thousands of German soldiers who came streaming from the east. It is thought that this Pfc was involved in the processing of the POW's and removing / relieving them of their awards and insignia. The "hoard" included a large number of SS related items (TotenKopfs, collar insignia, cloth cap & sleeve eagles/skulls etc.) as well as other awards such as EK's, GAB's, IAB's, etc.

M16fan items
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

That Gold Wound badge is beautiful, I chased after it but you bet me to it!
    It was a wonderful opportunity to get great items, I'd been looking for a REAL TK for some time, couldn't resist this chance.
    I have a photo of the Pfc who gathered this collection, I'll post it if I can find it.
    Please keep the items coming, I know David sold many items to members here, so please share.

MAP
    ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    That Gold Wound badge is beautiful, I chased after it but you bet me to it!
    It was a wonderful opportunity to get great items, I'd been looking for a REAL TK for some time, couldn't resist this chance.
    I have a photo of the Pfc who gathered this collection, I'll post it if I can find it.
    Please keep the items coming, I know David sold many items to members here, so please share.
    I guess I was fortunate. I know others were looking at the wound badge as well. I feel in love with it due to that bent pin. I was lucky with the two GAB's as well. Both being quite desirable variants.

But the best part is we know the history behind all of these.

Would love to see the photo of the Pfc.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

Here's the photo, a handsome young man who had seen a lot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16fan items  

MAP
    ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Here's the photo, a handsome young man who had seen a lot.
    Thanks. Now I have something to keep with the items.

Interesting collection with solid provenance. There's power in the badges and regalia which is why the victorious allies stripped the defeated of it. View those war crime trial photos of top tier Nazi leaders in uniforms with no badges, symbols or regalia, and they look completely powerless.

CBH
    ?

It was the rock solid provenance of this collection that I found so compelling. Over 400 items that had rarely seen the light of day in 70+ years. Also the fact it was all tunic removed items not mint Dachau stocks that so often surface. Such a find doesn't come along that often so I got as much as I could.
    Brian you should have got a TK, I wish I could have afforded a couple. I reposted that Pfc photo after I cropped it, it should be easier to blow-up if you wanted to make a copy. I'm not sure if I got his name or not, if I do have it I'll PM it to you.
    Thought I'd inclose the photos of the whole find.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16fan items   M16fan items  

M16fan items  

MAP
    ?

I didn't remember there were 400 items. I should have also picked up that nice silver WMC without swords...lol.

Thanks for the better photos.