Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.

Article about: Cheers Nick just need to cross out that fake 5! cheers rory

?

Default re: Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.

thanks guys and yes nick very hard i think im falling into the ek mm trap but........ i like it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.
    P
    Many

Quote by rory View Post
    thanks guys and yes nick very hard i think im falling into the ek mm trap but........ i like it
    Good luck Rory, its an incredible but costly journey

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very impressive collection .
    What is the most rare one you have?

Gr. Theo.

?

hard to say theo i would think the waterloo medal third pic the one with a large ribbon red and blue edges also the irish uprising medal tenth pic with black and tan ribbon but a lot of medals are getting rare as time goes by

rory

?

right guys more eye candy i took the pics so it would be rude not to share
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.   Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.   Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.   Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

Could you tell me more about the little helmet in the last pic, is it some sort of veterans badge?
    Thanks, Glen.

?

i was at a militra fair once and seen one of these on a photo album it has two prongues at the back to attach on i could be wrong tho

rory

KSH
    ?

You have a very impressive and comprehensive collection, Rory, representing many spheres of interest and many countries. I do not collect so focused myself (as I am interested in far too many types of items), however it is a marvel to behold such a finely displayed collection - thematic, but yet with much variation. Do you happen to have any decorations related to the (British) Royal Navy from the Napoleonic Wars?

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:22 PM.

?

thanks kenneth dont get me wrong i would love to have a lot of other items in the collection. but some of the items i would like are quite pricey and i cant resist medal's, i ended up selling two tr german water bottle's, bread bag, canteen and a fork/spoon just so i could get more medals. also other items can take up a lot of room.

to be honest i wouldnt remember off the top of my head i know i need about three more campaign medals to make it a complete set and i think a naval g.s.m. was one. but i will definetly look for you and get good pics along with the other requests.

the good thing about british medals is they are named and easily researched ( although not all of mine are) i can tell you i have a few medals to sailors etc. i think one was my indian mutiny medal and my abyssinian medal definetly which was only given to a couple of hundred army personel, if i remember correctly.

but i will check for you when i am back home

cheers rory

KSH
    ?

Quote by rory View Post
    thanks kenneth dont get me wrong i would love to have a lot of other items in the collection. but some of the items i would like are quite pricey and i cant resist medal's, i ended up selling two tr german water bottle's, bread bag, canteen and a fork/spoon just so i could get more medals. also other items can take up a lot of room.

to be honest i wouldnt remember off the top of my head i know i need about three more campaign medals to make it a complete set and i think a naval g.s.m. was one. but i will definetly look for you and get good pics along with the other requests.

the good thing about british medals is they are named and easily researched ( although not all of mine are) i can tell you i have a few medals to sailors etc. i think one was my indian mutiny medal and my abyssinian medal definetly which was only given to a couple of hundred army personel, if i remember correctly.

but i will check for you when i am back home

cheers rory
    I completely understand, Rory! And your efforts to comply with the requests of all us spectators is much appreciated!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast