Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.

Article about: Cheers Nick just need to cross out that fake 5! cheers rory

?

Default re: Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.

no problem kenneth 20 mins with a camera and job done always nice to get interest in your items

rory

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.
    P
    Many

?

kenneth sorry for the late reply i was expecting to be home earlier to get more pics of requests but i shall get someone at home to take the pics for me looking at the medals i have, im afraid i do not have any royal navy medals relating to that period.... thats because there are none.

but i do have my watterloo medal 1815 to a 15th kings hussars soldier if this interests you. the watterloo medal was the first campaign medal issued for one action ( the mgsm commemorates earlier battles but wasnt issued until 1848). there were also an army gold cross and medal issued in 1810 but there were only a few hundred ever issued making them ultra rare.

so to be honest im not aware of or sure on any royal navy medals for this period. maybe someone else can shed some light on it.

i will get some pics of it anyway and of the irish medals for patrick. again sorry for the late reply hopefully ill get the pics soon

cheers rory

?

waterloo medal. just waiting on more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.   Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

KSH
    ?

Quote by rory View Post
    kenneth sorry for the late reply i was expecting to be home earlier to get more pics of requests but i shall get someone at home to take the pics for me looking at the medals i have, im afraid i do not have any royal navy medals relating to that period.... thats because there are none.

but i do have my watterloo medal 1815 to a 15th kings hussars soldier if this interests you. the watterloo medal was the first campaign medal issued for one action ( the mgsm commemorates earlier battles but wasnt issued until 1848). there were also an army gold cross and medal issued in 1810 but there were only a few hundred ever issued making them ultra rare.

so to be honest im not aware of or sure on any royal navy medals for this period. maybe someone else can shed some light on it.

i will get some pics of it anyway and of the irish medals for patrick. again sorry for the late reply hopefully ill get the pics soon

cheers rory
    Thank you for your effort anyhow Rory - I had no idea if such medals existed or not! Items related to the Royal Navy from ca. 1793 to 1815 are the only British items I would be interested in seriously collecting. They must be very rare though today.

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 04:23 PM.

?

irish gsm 1971 1921
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.   Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

?

Very nice medal Rory

?

irish army service medal 1961

?

yes kenneth i think there is a royal navy gsm where bars were awarded for different battles but i would have to check my books (which are at home) on if there were any bars for the era your interested in. and yes very rare waterloo medals are scarce and the other two i metioned would be in museums i would expect.

and just waiting on one more of the irish medals patrick

cheers rory

?

irish army defence force emergency medal 1939-1946

?

What frames are you using? Do you just pin the medals to them? I collect ww2 us medals and I want to display them on a wall to save space but I don't want to stretch or tear the fragile ribbons. Please let me know. Thanks, Greg

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast