Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.

Article about: Cheers Nick just need to cross out that fake 5! cheers rory

?

Default Re: Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.

I think i have more, but i need to sort my research out a bit better. But heres the names of three for sure on the paperwork ( only single medals).

and the death penny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.   Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.   Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.
    P
    Many

Wonderful collection Rory mate
    You have a wide variety of great medals.
    I like the way you have found display cases and added small labels with the info.
    I agree with what you Said,it is hard to find Irish soldiers medals.
    My life's challenge is to find one issued to a Nolan.

?

Cheer i had a look and i dont have a nolan in the collection but ill keep an eye out for you is it a relative ?i can look them up with a bit more info if you like ?

?

Excellent displays there Rory...I like the South Arfican medals!!! excellent I was looking at getting 1 myself..Just need to save a few pence first!! But thanks for showing top dollar. Cheers Terry.

Hi,

Do you have pictures of the naming on the Waterloo? It also looks like it has been messed with having a crude suspension lug soldered to the disc. It happens over time, someone probably wore it as a necklace or a charm on a bracelet. you have a nice range of stuff too.

?

Thanks for showing the Death penny, thoes are very hard to come by to an Irish Soldier. I am going to see if I can find one next time I am at the military show in the North Star. I think the next show is the 17th of Augest.

Cheers, Pat

Suspension looks correct as issued. I have owned a few of these over the years and they came with a rather crude metal link connecting the disk to the suspension ring. You will find many examples with more elaborate suspension contemprarily fitted as it would appear soldiers at the time also viewed the issued suspension as rather crude.

Quote by rory View Post
    Cheer i had a look and i dont have a nolan in the collection but ill keep an eye out for you is it a relative ?i can look them up with a bit more info if you like ?
    Cheers mate, nah that's alright I've already looked him up before.
    He was from kerry, in the Irish guards and died at the battle of the Somme.
    His name is in the menin gate.
    I know the chances are slim of getting his medals back but just to find someone in the same regiment with the same last name would be nice way to honour him for his sacrifice for country and because he's a relative of mine.

?

Cheers guys

Terry, the south africa medals are nice especially with plenty of bars, they can be cheap or costly depending on regiment or bars etc.

Pat, no problem and i supose you cant really be sure as there is no service number on them but nice to have one, ill try to make it then hopefully.

Daniel, you should post adds in military magazines etc. as there probably in a private collection somewhere no doubt. I know i would always seel the medals back to an interested relative, its the right thing to do, as im searching for a relatives ww1 medals also.

Below are pics of the waterloo medal, and yes i have seen a few different types of suspension, but supose its one of the first campaign medals to exist lol. Also officers recieved medals with different suspension it had a straight bar for the ribbon.

hope ive not forgotten anything
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.   Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.   Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

Medal collection: Third Reich, Imperial, Irish, World etc.  

Hey Rory nice set ..like the silver star any number on it....was it hard to find....

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast