Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mottershead V.C..

Article about: Hello everybody.. I just thought I would show you what I picked up the other day?..What we have here is a mock up of Sgt Mottershead V.C & D.C.M of the RFC WW1..It is about as close to a

?

Default Mottershead V.C..

Hello everybody.. I just thought I would show you what I picked up the other day?..What we have here is a mock up of Sgt Mottershead V.C & D.C.M of the RFC WW1..It is about as close to a real V.C I will ever get & I think they display quite well on the War Room wall....The photos aren't the best but you get a general feel for the thing.. I think the next one will be Noel Chavasse V.C & M.C Cheers Terry. Mottershead V.C..Mottershead V.C..Mottershead V.C..Mottershead V.C..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mottershead V.C..
    P
    Many

WOW Terry.
    Great Find.
    Thanks for sharing this with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Thanks John.. I like it.. Cheers Terry.

?

Fantastic Terry, it reminds me off the type of medal display with information about the recipient I saw at my local library recently,thanks for sharing

?

No problems G..I thought it would look nice in the War Room add a splash of colour as they say & being that I can't afford a real V.C this will have to do!!! lol.. Cheers Terry.
    Last edited by Tango; 09-05-2014 at 05:05 AM.

nicely set out.

?

Cheers Harry... I think so too.

Nice set up Terry. I was down at the IWM today looking at documents. I didn't realise that on the top floor they have got part of the Ashcroft collection on show (I don't know whether the VCs and GCs were replicas or the originals, but the other medals in each group were real), so I got to see Mottershead's and many other VC and GC groups today. Well worth a visit if you can get over there.

Nice little display grouping. Someone put in a bit time
    and effort. Are the War and Victory medals
    original.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Cheers James sounds good that Ashcroft collection I think you will find all the medals are real because Lord Ashcroft has been collecting them since I think 1986!!....Also I haven't been yet but are the medals well displayed are is all a bit arty farty?. Because you would like the medals so you can photo them... Well thats what you go to museums for to learn & photos!!.

Steve I think all the medals are some sort of resin..I don't quiet know? But I think they look good so I am happy with it. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast