Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My accumulation

Article about: Never considered myself a collector, rather a research-historian. While if someone knows me it's usually relating to what I've written on the SS I have a lot of other interests. I can't &quo

Default Re: My accumulation

Nice collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My accumulation
    P
    Many

?

Stunning photos. Thanks for posting. Also love the "Dehumanizer" poster!

Very nice collection.
    Always nice to have your name on them.
    chris

Quote by Paul E View Post
    I really like the early photos of Heinrich Bastian and Fritz Langanke
    Bastian was among several who had no photo of himself in uniform until I gave him one, something personal for me to help vets in such a way, as well as families who were told to contact me by HIAG for information on a father/brother/son who was KIA. In the reverse had someone here write (who had contacted HIAG) looking for an extended family member who may have been in the Waffen-SS. I wrote him (a KC holder), arranged for the 2 to exchange, and both sides were thrilled as they were related. When the woman who contacted offered to give me money I refused. Never took or asked for anything regards vets, families, etc. In conversation found out she was a close employee of Hanna/Barbara of animated cartoon fame. My sister is a collector of animation art and asked if she could get an autograph for my sis. 5 days later two 8x10s arrived of each of them inscribed to my sister. Perfect Xmas gift, especially when after she yelled opening them (framed) she asked how I got to them as obviously 2 busy men. Loved saying "via Waffen-SS."

Here's one you don't find to often, he was a heavily involved co-founder and decades long supporter of a medical school and an art museum in the postwar years until his death in 2008 at the age of 91. Fearless in combat as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My accumulation  

?

"Nico" was one of my favourite RK's to correspond with , a very nice, helpful man , the series of photos of him East of the Bug in 1944 are some of the best Panzer combat shots !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

For it was all about questions, copying old diaries, etc. My first 2 trips didn't take a camera and didn't grasp an inscribed photos as something need for a few years. Glad I did. But have coffee privately in Kempin's suite with Weidinger and Kumm; I'd rather have that in my head than look at any militaria I can think of. Even stuff a bit foggy, like when Ernst Deutsch (commander SS-Bataillon "N") got me drunk still better than objects. They were it as with any vet. My first Regiment "Der Führer" Treffen there were 7 KC holders at my table. RZM numbers and similar BS never entered my mind, LOL.

Quote by Mark C Yerger View Post
    For it was all about questions, copying old diaries, etc. My first 2 trips didn't take a camera and didn't grasp an inscribed photos as something need for a few years. Glad I did. But have coffee privately in Kempin's suite with Weidinger and Kumm; I'd rather have that in my head than look at any militaria I can think of. Even stuff a bit foggy, like when Ernst Deutsch (commander SS-Bataillon "N") got me drunk still better than objects. They were it as with any vet. My first Regiment "Der Führer" Treffen there were 7 KC holders at my table. RZM numbers and similar BS never entered my mind, LOL.
    Great stuff.
    I also had the chance to meet a few of them and become close friend with Hartmann.
    chris

?

Quote by Mark C Yerger View Post
    I'm with you all the way on this Mark although luckily most times i did have my camera as well as i'd already seen some of your photos !! Your right RZM numbers /details of uniforms etc etc etc were never discussed or even thought about , though in hindsight i wish i had asked Remy Schrynen about the reverse runic decal on his helmet in one of his photos , it may have cleared up a great mystery.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Incredible links to history and the men who made it. Thanks for sharing Mark.

Paul. I wished you asked as well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2