Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

My Berlin Wall.

Article about: It's amazing what you can do with just some felt and craft wood willie !

Next part, a quick trip down to our local hardware store to buy some more melamine and back into it. I next made another piece to fix from ceiling to floor, attaching it to the wall using the pieces of wood I fitted earlier. My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Berlin Wall.
    P
    Many

Terrific stuff Dave! I love a bit of ingenuity and home handy work. I'm sure your display will turn out great. Will you be lighting the displays? I've found some neat LED strip-lighting solutions at IKEA that I have fit into one of my DETOLF cabinets and will soon fit into the second.

Keep this photo tutorial going!

My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.Thanks Glenn, much appreciated mate! I will be installing LED lighting, I'm just about to drill the holes to run some wiring. I've just attached a couple of pieces of wood, 13mm in from the edge of the display cabinet front. This is for the block mounted picture of the reichstag I did last year to sit hard against. If my measurements are right it should then sit flush with the front of the cabinet.

My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.

Last pics for the day, it's hot and I've had enough. The block mounted pic fits neatly into place, it needs to be screw in properly to pull it up neatly but I think it'll be alright. The piece of melamine running along the underneath will become the top of the display section beneath the pic.

Fantastic!!!

This will be a museum quality display. Nice work!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks fellas!

Agreed, I can't wait to see how it looks. I fit the LEDs to my DETOLF cabinet a week ago and can't stop looking at it! I'll be sure to post photos when the other cabinet is done.

Glenn, if you have any pics of the lights you've already used would you mind posting a pic here please mate? I have a few ideas as to how I want to do the lighting but I'm interested in having a look at you're setup mate, it's always worthwhile seeing the ideas of others as they can always be adapted to suit your own needs.

?

I envisioned something else entirely at the mention of 'Berlin Wall,' but this looks great and very promising.
    Look forward to the finished 'wall.'

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast