Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

My Berlin Wall.

Article about: It's amazing what you can do with just some felt and craft wood willie !

No worries Dave, I'll be home in an hour.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Berlin Wall.
    P
    Many

Shaping up nicely, Davo!

It's gonna be great looking, can't wait to see it completed.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

OK Dave, here you go!

Before...

My Berlin Wall.

After...

My Berlin Wall.

A comparison...

My Berlin Wall.

Thanks Glenn, that is the sort of thing I was looking at mate. I reckon those little LED's look terrific, they use no power and don't generate neat. I won't be doing anymore work on the display until sometime on the weekend so I'll add and update in a couple of days. Thanks again fellas.

No worries, glad to help. The cool thing with these LEDs from IKEA is that you can mount them singley, join them together into a single strip or link them seperately with these nifty short connectors they provide.

Have you looked at 3M LED strips which can be cut to length and simply soldered in series. The LED strips are self-adhesive in 2.5 to 15 m rolls in bright white or warm white light. You can also buy 1m lengths of aluminium conduit with a white opalised cover in which to fit the LED strip can also be neatly cut to size. All you need then is to buy a single LED driver/transformer module and connect to the LED strip itself and plug into a wall point.

LED strip can be cut every 50mm at a junction point in the printed circuit. I haven't used it for displays but I did make a bathroom light strip across the top of a mirrored wall and it couldn't have been simpler.

Not a good detail photo but this is the LED light fitting over the mirror I made for a bath room refurb at home:

My Berlin Wall.

Below is a better impression of a section of the waterproof LED the strip inside the aluminium profile that I used :

My Berlin Wall.
    Last edited by StefanM; 02-06-2014 at 03:04 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Wow.sounds amazing.great idea

Quote by StefanM View Post
    Have you looked at 3M LED strips which can be cut to length and simply soldered in series. The LED strips are self-adhesive in 2.5 to 15 m rolls in bright white or warm white light. You can also buy 1m lengths of aluminium conduit with a white opalised cover in which to fit the LED strip can also be neatly cut to size. All you need then is to buy a single LED driver/transformer module and connect to the LED strip itself and plug into a wall point.

LED strip can be cut every 50mm at a junction point in the printed circuit. I haven't used it for displays but I did make a bathroom light strip across the top of a mirrored wall and it couldn't have been simpler.

Not a good detail photo but this is the LED light fitting over the mirror I made for a bath room refurb at home:

My Berlin Wall.

Below is a better impression of a section of the waterproof LED the strip inside the aluminium profile that I used :

My Berlin Wall.
    G'day Stefan, I have looked at these lights mate, in fact we use them on our fishing and camping trips, they are very good. Again, they use little power and generate no heat so they can be used in a lot of different applications. I'm going to go into a lighting shop and have a good thorough look at what is available before I make a final decision on how I want to do it it I do like those LED strips. Thanks for your input fellas.

Next step, holes drilled with a piece of wire put threw, this will be used to pull threw the electrical wiring for the lighting once the cabinet is built.My Berlin Wall.

Block mounted pic of the reichstag now screwed into place.My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast