Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

My Berlin Wall.

Article about: It's amazing what you can do with just some felt and craft wood willie !

Keep it going, Dave!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Berlin Wall.
    P
    Many

nice idea about the storage dave ,out of sight but close to hand ,very good ,its all comming on a treat

A bit of experimenting and practicing going on now, if I drill the holes a fraction too deep for the concealed hinges it will show through on the other side - not something I want to happen! I'm practicing on a bit of scrap, so far it looks ok. I now have to cut the cabinet door to size and drill it to take the hinges, it's a bit tense!My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.

My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.Concealed hinges now attached to the door and screwed into place in the false floor.

Lookin' good, Davo, lookin good! If I show this to my wife, she'll have you over to build something.....not good. But, we can finally have that beer together....now that's good!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.Cheers Mark, probably looks better from a distance - about 17000kms!

Next step, building a platform for the shelf in the display cabinet to sit on, if my measurements are correct there would be enough clearance for the door to fold down, I'll know in about 20 minutes!

The bottom shelf for the display cabinet also acts as the top of the storage area. It seems to fit up reasonably well so I reckon I may have earned a beer this arvo! Time to head down to Bunnings and grab a handle of some sort to fit to the cabinet door. I think I'll fit the handle and then vacuum up all the saw dust and crap I've been spreading through the house! This section is nearly finished now and then I'll move onto the next section which will take up the rest of the wall space I have left. Once these sections are completed I'll come back through, run the lights and wiring and then the fun bit, set up the displays before fitting up the Perspex windows.My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.

My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.Last pic for the day, the handle is now fitted, time for a beer and to relax with what's left of the weekend.

Top quality work there Dave! You're lucky to have a Bunnings to go to, here in Doha it could take a day of running around to find laminate, whatever colour and size they have in stock is what you get (they won't/can't cut it to size for you), then another few hours to find a fastener store that sells screws etc in anything other than 'industrial construction' size and as for hinges and handles? Well, let me just say thank god IKEA opened 6 months ago!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast