Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

My Berlin Wall.

Article about: It's amazing what you can do with just some felt and craft wood willie !

Maybe you were using the VB to wash your hands afterwards?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Berlin Wall.
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Maybe you were using the VB to wash your hands afterwards?
    Is that from the book "101 things to do with Victoria bitter OTHER than drink it"?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Could be worse, he could have drunk Fourex I suppose.

Dave ive just spotted your relic EK's ,how well do they look against the background panoramic i take it mexican beer is a referance to this VB bitter/lager being brewed across the imaginary border in melbourne ,well if it was good enough for paul hester then its good enough for you mate
    Regards James

James, Victorians are Mexicans, Queenslanders are banana benders, Tasmanians are tasmaniacs, South Australians are crow eaters and they are all eastern staters to us sandgropers! Hope that clears it up for you mate! Lol

Thanks for the comment on the relic EK's, the best thing about all of those relic medals is that they were all found during building works on the old reich chancellery site, so the pic of the ruined chancellery behind the medals fits perfectly with the display. I really like knowing that these things came from that site, it gives them a real place in history.

thanks for explaining dave ,its still as clear as mud though its really nice to think these were found on the old reich chancellery site ,so a very special display indeed ,last august i was stood close enough to this area in berlin ,very thought provoking mate ,i cant wait to see the other displays filled with all your treasures regards james
    Regards James

Well finally after several months (about six of them) I've finally finished the cabinet. All that's left now is to fit out the internals which will consist of acrylic stands and labels. I'm generally pretty pleased with the results although there are a few things I would do differently knowing what I know now. It is all wired up, the lights work and the switch is mounted on the side of the cabinet just inside the doorway to the entrance of the room, the opposite side to where the power outlet is. That caused a few dramas but it's all sorted now. It makes the room a lot more organised and tidy which is what I was hoping for and I now have a purpose built space to display my Berlin gear. I'm now thinking about making something similar on the other wall for my Aussie gear but I'll have a break first, I've got a few other projects on the go that need to be finished before I start another or my missus will shoot me!

I will attach a few pics when the internals are completed so for now these will be the last pics for a while. Thanks to all the boys who were following the build and for your kind comments, I appreciate the support gents,

Cheers,
    Dave.My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.My Berlin Wall.

Looks the business Dave!

just wunderbar dave the use of acrylic stands is just genius and a superb idea it will give full uncluttered viewing of your collection ,keep up the great work mate
    Regards James

Thanks Glenn and James, much appreciated fellas!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast