MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Canadian Collection...

Article about: Inspired by DougB's thread on his Canadian war room, I thought I would post some a couple of photos of some of the uniform items in my own collection. Some of my Canadian headwear: Some of m

?

Default My Canadian Collection...

Inspired by DougB's thread on his Canadian war room, I thought I would post some a couple of photos of some of the uniform items in my own collection.

Some of my Canadian headwear:

Some of my Canadian BD:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Canadian Collection...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My Canadian Collection...

Some more pictures:

Great stuff!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

CBH
    ?

Beautiful collection , any chance of some more shots of the Cape Breton Highlanders Balmoral . Is it original or put together ? Also would you ever trade or sell it ?
    Thanks for showing your collection .
    Cheers Chris

Great collection and well photographed. Any chance you could attached descriptions for those of us not up on all the units serving with the Canadians.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A very nice collection of headdress and BD's you have there thank you for sharing them with us was the Maroon Beret manufactured by Dorothea knitting mills and if so was it war time produced or early postwar.

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    A very nice collection of headdress and BD's you have there thank you for sharing them with us was the Maroon Beret manufactured by Dorothea knitting mills and if so was it war time produced or early postwar.

Regards Mark K
    The Maroon beret is indeed a Dorothea beret, dated 1944, and a size 7. It was worn by my wife's grandfather upon his coming home (we have a photo of him wearing it). He served with he Hasty P's in Italy before joining he FSSF as a reinforcement after the liberation of Rome. After the disbandment of the FSSF, he finished the war in NW Europe with the Perth Regiment. The cap wears a Perth Regiment badge, just as it did in the photograph of him taken upon his return to Canada (regulations were a bit lax post-hostilities). My wife's cousin has his Perth BD which also has the FSSF spearhead on the sleeve. Although not "authorized" it made for a pretty sharp coming home uniform!

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Beautiful collection , any chance of some more shots of the Cape Breton Highlanders Balmoral . Is it original or put together ? Also would you ever trade or sell it ?
    Thanks for showing your collection .
    Cheers Chris
    Not really ready to sell at this point, but might be open to interesting trade offers...

The balmoral is 100% original and belonged to CQMS James Andrew MacLean of Washabuck Bridge, NS.

Here is a photo of CQMS MacLean, though he is clearly wearing a different cap than the one in my collection.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Great collection and well photographed. Any chance you could attached descriptions for those of us not up on all the units serving with the Canadians.
    Here is my headwear collection with descriptions attached:

Picture 1
    Clockwise:
    1. RCAF Officer's Visor Cap. William Scully Limited.
    2. RCAF Warrant Officer's Visor Cap. Bates Hatters of London. Named to W/C L.A. Yellowlees.
    3. RCAF Officer's Side Cap. Hamilton Uniform Cap Company Ltd. Size 7 3/8.
    4. RCAF Officer's Visor Cap. A.B. Hewer of Toronto. Named to F/O Charles Ross Smith.

Picture 2
    Clockwise:
    1. RCN Officer's Cap. William Scully Limited. Size 6 5/8.
    2. RCN Petty Officer's Cap. Hamilton Uniform Cap Company Ltd. Size 6 3/4. Named to Petty Officer Stanley Solkoski.
    3. RCN Ratings Cap. National Hat Mfg. Co. 1943. NAVAL. Size 7 1/2
    4. RCN Ratings Cap. Rogers-Rayman Toronto. 1944. NAVAL. Size 6 3/4

Picture 3
    Clockwise:
    1. Royal Winnipeg Rifles Officer's Visor Cap. Muir Cap Co. Limited. ID'd to Lieut. Thomas Mervyn Vant.
    2. Royal Winnipeg Rifles Beret. Grand'Mere Knitting Company, Limited. 1944. Size 7 1/4.
    3. P.P.C.L.I. Beret. Dorothea Hats Limited. 1944. Size 7 1/8.
    4. P.P.C.L.I. Officer's Visor Cap. Thomas and Stone Hat and Cap Makers, London.

Picture 4
    Clockwise:
    1. Maroon beret with Perth Regiment Badge. Dorothea Hats Limited. 1944. Size 7. ID'd to Norman Joseph Ingram (served with FSSF).
    2. XII Manitoba Dragoons Beret. Supak Manufacturing Co. Ltd. 1943. 7 1/4.
    3. Fort Garry Horse Beret. Beret Industries Limited. 1944. Size 7 3/8.
    4. Lord Strathcona's Horse Beret. Dorothea Knitting Mills Limited. 1945. Size 7 1/8.

Picture 5
    Clockwise:
    1. Cape Breton Highlanders Officer's Balmoral. Robert Lillico, Ltd. London. ID'd to CQMS James Andrew MacLean.
    2. Stormont, Dundas, & Glengarry Highlanders Officer's Balmoral. Scott Adie Ltd., London. Size 6 3/8.
    3. Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada Officer's Balmoral. William Scully Limited.
    4. Seaforth Highlanders of Canada Balmoral. Buffalo Cap and Neckwear Ltd. Size 6 3/4. 1940.

Picture 6
    Clockwise:
    1. Loyal Edmonton Regiment Beret. Dorothea Hats Limited. 1944. Size 7. ID'd to Sgt. F. Preece.
    2. Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment Beret. Dorothea Knitting Mills Limited. 1945. Size 7 1/4.
    3. Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada Balmoral. Scott Adie Ltd.
    4. Korean War Era P.P.C.L.I. Beret. Grand'Mere Knitting Company, Limited. 1945. Size 7 1/8.

Picture 7
    Clockwise:
    1. Calgary Highlanders Glengarry.
    2. Toronto Scottish Glengarry.
    3. Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada Glengarry.
    4. North Nova Scotia Highlanders Glengarry.

Picture 8
    Clockwise:
    1. Essex Scottish Regiment Glengarry. Donald MacLeod, Toronto.
    2. 48th Highlanders of Canada Glengarry with chromed badge. C-Broad Arrow stamped. Size 7 1/4.
    3. Royal Canadian Artillery Coloured Field Service Cap.
    4. Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada Glengarry. ID'd to Norman Joseph Ingram.

Picture 9
    Clockwise:
    1. Field Service Cap - General Service badge. ID'd to Granville Murray Hearabout.
    2. Winnipeg Grenadiers Field Service Cap. DMC Cap Mfg. Co. 1943. Size 7.
    3. Winnipeg Light Infantry Field Service Cap. Rayman Cap Company, Toronto. 1942. Size 7 1/4. ID'd with WLI service number (further research pending).
    4. British Columbia Dragoons Field Service Cap. DMC Cap Mfg. Co. 1941. Size 6 7/8.

Picture 10
    Clockwise:
    1. Irish Regiment of Canada Caubeen. A.B. Hewer Uniforms & Caps. Size 6 3/4. C-Broad Arrow marked.
    2. Seaforth Highlanders of Canada Balmoral. Liner Removed.
    3. Royal Canadian Air Force Side Cap with white B.C.A.T.P. insert. National Hat Mfg. Co. 1942. Size 7.

Great collection of caps. The condition of each is superb.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast