Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

My canteens

Article about: by packin9 to find that Russian glass canteen in one piece seems amazing ...which reminds that I just got another one, this time with markings. Some of my kameraden have got a lot of them, b

Default Re: My canteens

Attic find, marked MKK 40. The poor fellow has lost half of it's felt cover (moths!) and the leather straps are partly try. Yet, I'm in love with it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens   My canteens  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My canteens
    P
    Many

Like a lot of stuff, if it could only talk. Nice!

Today the father of my co-worker gave me this one. He sayd he found this in the abandoned military base of Soviet era. The bottle has name engraved on it's bottom Wand, the screw cap is not original and has been attached to the bottle with fabric lanyard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens  

Yulezeit ist wieder da and so did the presents: another victim of moths from attick. Note that the bottle is attached wrongly into the felt cover (the front side is now rear and vice verca), and it's been done so probably by the soldier himself. Together with the canteen came two drinking cups, the early one is marked G&CL 35, the war time version is HRE 42
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens   My canteens  

Another attic revealed it's secret. After 65 years the straps surrended

Lovely glass, this time the top of the neck is real solid, the whole quality makes me think of pre-Soviet production

Visitors from the villages of Southern Estonia. The giant in the middle has no markings, but it has a lot of original yellow paint. This bottle was was for fuel, am I correct? The one on right has the cap with chain from paramilitary canteen attached on it.

jh92
    ?

Great set thanks for sharing!

?

Default Question: My canteens

Great collection,
    I've a question, some of the pictures of the German canteens have a drinkng cup, others none. Would you know whether, all German canteens were issued with a drinking cup or only some?
    Regards

Default Re: Question: My canteens

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Great collection,
    I've a question, some of the pictures of the German canteens have a drinkng cup, others none. Would you know whether, all German canteens were issued with a drinking cup or only some?
    Regards
    The ones without cups were mostly for paramilitary organisations (HJ, BDM, party and such). Some say that there were also military canteens without cups for parades etc. I've seen front pics, where soldiers have canteens without cups, but the regular field canteen always had the cup.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast