Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

My canteens

Article about: by packin9 to find that Russian glass canteen in one piece seems amazing ...which reminds that I just got another one, this time with markings. Some of my kameraden have got a lot of them, b

Default Re: My canteens

Yet another late war piece. Cover made of Italian cabardine, the bottle itself is green and marked AEM.A44
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My canteens
    P
    Many

Excellent collection. You seem to own a few very rare examples.
    Congrats
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thanks, donkihotis! One of my canteens came from Greece last summer. A week later I spent three days in your country (Athens & some countryside around it), what a lovely place!- top food (you seem to love meat as much as we Estonians), very good beer (I can't remember it's name, but I think it was the cheapest local beer), and of course all these ancient ruins (our hotel was right next to Akropolis and the Temple of Zeus was a few hundred meters from my room's window).

Actually i come from Cyprus which is another country but you can consider it as a Greek part as we belong to the Greek nation. We speak Greek, have the same religion (Greek Orthodox) and have very similar and/or same customs and traditions.
    The beer you were referring to is Mythos?
    Which is the most expensive canteen you own? I'm asking out of curiosity because lately i saw a rare blue one for sale but the price was 400 or 450 euros i think. It seemed very weird to me

If they asked 400-450 euros for it, then I can say nothing but good luck. I have seen blue enamel canteen going for 275 euros on ebay, which is insane inough for me. At the same time the other went for only 6 euros, all fees and shipping included. I guess it's just the wonders of auctions. Mine are way cheaper, between 25-125 euros.

Sorry for my mistake, I was probably reading the Churchill's quotation

No need to be sorry mate. I knew that my quote was the thing that confused you. But as said it's the same thing as we belong to the Greek nation too.
    The prices you are telling me sound very normal. I have 2 canteens now. And i hope to get more of them

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    I have 2 canteens now. And i hope to get more of them
    Check out WAF's e-stand/ fieldgear table. Some really desirable canteens pop up there from time to time, the prices are also reasonable.

That where i have purchased the other 2 And the blue one for 450 was offered there also

Got this 42 dated alu canteen today. Cup unmarked, soldiers name and some other stuff written on straps. Probably belonged to Estonian volunteer named O. Tamm...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens   My canteens  

Quote by gnadenlose View Post
    Got this 42 dated alu canteen today. Cup unmarked, soldiers name and some other stuff written on straps. Probably belonged to Estonian volunteer named O. Tamm...
    Very nice. The cap seems to be unusual long.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast