Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

My canteens

Article about: by packin9 to find that Russian glass canteen in one piece seems amazing ...which reminds that I just got another one, this time with markings. Some of my kameraden have got a lot of them, b

Default Re: My canteens

Glad to see that your collection still grows mate
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My canteens
    P
    Many

Three wounded items from a fellow member. The left cup has the projectile splinter still stuck in it, the one on the right has three layers of paint: originally grey, then green and in the end black.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens   My canteens  

My canteens   My canteens  

Nice items!!!

Regards

Nice relics

?

You have an amazing collection here! I really like the engraved stuff

Thanks to everyone

ESB 37 marked canteen, missing some straps and drinking cup. Deactivated Browning 9mm Hi-Power from my grand-dad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens   My canteens  

My canteens  

Nice FN Browning!!!
    Please post it here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...hread-79380-3/

Regards

Very lucky to own that Browning

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Nice FN Browning!!!
    Please post it here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...hread-79380-3/

Regards

Feel free to copy the images and re-post them to your thead! The story of that pistol is as follows: during the WWII a German unit stopped in my grand-grandparents' farm for a short period in 1941. They also had sort of warehouse for weapons, light ammo and field equipment in the nearby barn. My granddad was 13 years old and stealed a lot of different stuff from that barn. In 1944, when German troops retreated through Estonia after the heavy battles in Narva/Tannenberg Line front, many soldiers throwed their gear and weapons away. That was like boys' paradise, of course. My granpa had so many weapons back then, that he had to bury most of them. There were both German and Soviet "pipes" included, beginning with pistols and ammo boxes and ending with some MG's. 20 years ago he took me to the forest, which used to be his father's farm in the days of WW, but as the landscapes were totally changed, it was impossible to spot the "mass-graves" of weapons. All we found was a zink box of Russian ammo. Less then 10 years ago we went back, hoping to find something with my powerful metal detector. We found nothing. My granpa passed away about 5 years ago. After the funeral my aunt told me, that granpa had at least to handguns, but had them hidden. Few years ago I heard that granpa had given at least one gun away to his brother. I very much gave up hope.

Then, last friday, during my wedding party my aunt gave me a packet. And there it was, a long lost Hi-Power! I don't know wheter it came from my granpas 41 or 44 "hunting days", but I'm very happy with it and it's history.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast