Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

My canteens

Article about: by packin9 to find that Russian glass canteen in one piece seems amazing ...which reminds that I just got another one, this time with markings. Some of my kameraden have got a lot of them, b

Default My canteens

Hello everyone!
    I'm new to this forum and without any longer introduction I'll present my small collection of different German Feldflaschen.
    Beautyful near-mint coco (HRE42)

Near mint late war RFI43. The green cup (MN43) is my own addition to the combo, found in the attic in Southern Estonia

Strange colours, unmarked alu cup and late war bottle

1l medical canteen, cup and screw ESB40, bottle itself VDNS39. Missing the long strap

Our next baby is the real weirdo: huge (I think it's 2 litres) unmarked, mint colossus (compared to the regular coco). The neck and corc brings to mind the WWI bottles, but I think it belongs to the era between two wars and is for hikers or smth.

Two paramilitary canteens, both in mint condition

My latest catch so far: beatiful "been-there", all parts marked KCL36. Unfortunately the cup is missing

"Naked" BDM canteen ESB40 (screw ESB41) and the veteran of WWI (note the stamp on fabric!). Both missing a lot of parts

The red cross of attic finds. You can see deifferent necks, the felt has a war time repairs on it

One of the "reds" has a soldier's name on the screw: it's Estonian name Valdam

Some ground dugged canteens that I've kept for the inscriptions on them. Left one is regular German M31, the one on the right is a bit larger and has no markings on it

The left one belonged to Estonian soldier Hein

The right one belonged to another Estonian soldier Jaak Põldver. I've been in contact with his relative and the short biography is as follows: Jaak Põldver was born in 1916. Served his time in Estonian army in 1937 (coastal artillery). Was forced to join the Red army in 1941. When German troops arrived to Estonia in 1941, he joined them (the relatives have a picture of Jaak in WH uniform, rank: Gefreiter). In Autumn 1944, when the Soviets came back and Germans left, Jaak became the so-called forest brother (metsavend in Estonian, basically the partisan). He was arrested in 1950 and the Soviet tribunal gave him 30 yrs of prison (luckily Stalin died in 53 and Jaak was released soon after that). The man died in 1988. So that's one helluva piece of history:

An example of Estonian made canteen (screw is my own addition, it's German), marked TAV40 (Tartu Alumiiniumi Vabrik or Aluminium Factory in Tartu). I have two of these, sadly both are ground dug

Soviet glass and early Finnish canteen (Peltiteos O/Y INT40). I've kept them because in WWII some Estonians were also in Red Army and in Finnish Army

And the big mystery for me: nicely splinter-hit cup from Kurland. But it's taller than regular cups and has a marking on the bottom MD or DM. Does anybody know something about it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My canteens
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My canteens

nice collection. some of these look wooden is that correct..

Quote by castle View Post
    some of these look wooden is that correct..
    I'm not sure if it's wood or not, but yes the material that covers the tropical canteens look like wood.

?

Very nice canteen collection. Thanks for showing and welcome to the forum.
    Steve

Ergens in Nederland
    ?

I like this kind of collections.... Great thanks

Some new additions:
    Beautiful MN44 (cup MN39) with nice late war straps. The cup has the soldiers name on it.

Unknown, small and shiny (the bottle on right is just for comparision), probably HJ or BDM?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens   My canteens  

My canteens  

British, unfortunately the original cork is missing
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens   My canteens  

A mystery Flasche. Reminds me the Swedish one, but the markings and some other details look strange. Some guys thought it might be Finnish (which I guess is total BS), some other said it might be Polish. Maybe someone can help me to solve the big mystery?

My canteens   My canteens  

Relics 1936-1943 plus two from WWI (Imperial Russia) plus aforementioned mystery canteen above it all. The brownish in the middle (not the red one!) is unmarked and the screw part of the neck is showing some yellow metal. Is it another German late war or something else?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My canteens  

Well,it looks like your getting ready to fill those beauties up! Very nice collection and to find that Russian glass canteen in one piece seems amazing. Again,very nice!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast