Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

My Collection.

Article about: Yes, I would, very much, it looks very interesting Where did you buy it, I wonder? I always "run" into helmets, badges and those loveable visors only.

Default re: My Collection.

Very nice Christina!
    I agree with Ken, BenVK is the man to talk to about the sweatband.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection.
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Thank you for kind advice, Mark.
    The removal of cat hair is the smallest task of the two, and will probably have to be repeated as my cats go everywhere
    This is of course your own choice, but I will strongly advice you against keeping your cap exposed to cats (! - they have claws don't they and what not) and other elements like dust over time. Believe it or not, dust will actually penetrate into the cloth and will damage it eventually. The three main things that we who own caps should be concerned about is light/UV (especially direct sunlight of course) - dust - and moths and other insects that damage the cloth.

You have a wonderful cap Christina and you will do well if you take Mark's advice and talk to Ben about restoring/repairing caps.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

The time has come for a tunic, Christina.
    It would look smashing with that great looking cap.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hi Kenneth

Thank you. YES, they have claws, but they don´t go near my caps and other cloth things as I keep these behind glass doors, but when being owned by cats (I am their slave), one cannot avoid their hair flying around. I will take a close-up photo of the cap sweatband and post it here for opinion.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    The time has come for a tunic, Christina.
    It would look smashing with that great looking cap.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Thank you, Nuno
    I would love a KM tunic or a uniform, but I don´t know where to display it, really. I do have a few other things on hand which are smaller than a uniform/tunic, fortunately.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

KSH
    ?

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Hi Kenneth

Thank you. YES, they have claws, but they don´t go near my caps and other cloth things as I keep these behind glass doors
    Wise decision I store my caps in individual boxes made of acid-free and chemically inert materials. I use some acid-free shredded tissue paper for the bottom padding of the box and support for the cap. The caps themselves I wrap in natural, untreated muslin cotton. For some protection against moths I wrap the boxes themselves in some plastic - as I hate mothballs and their smell and as I don't want plastic too near the cap itself.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Loose sweatband.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Collection.  
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Christina be carefull as there are Cap assassins everywere lock up your caps for safe keeping

Regards Mark K

That image almost made me fall off the couch!
    Mine are not that bad, but they sure love to sniff hats, and the boxes they come in. Cats are adorable.

Here is a photo of one of mine, being quiet and still for once:
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

We have three cats and there all terrorists I have to keep them locked out of my little war room or they would be in to everything .As we live on a farm they will bring mice in from time to time and all three of them will bounce off the walls chasing the one mouse . We felt sorry for the mice so we have devised a different method for keeping them away from the house so the cats dont bring them in so often anymore but as you can see the mice are learning .

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images My Collection. 

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast