Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

My Collection.

Article about: Yes, I would, very much, it looks very interesting Where did you buy it, I wonder? I always "run" into helmets, badges and those loveable visors only.

Default re: My Collection.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    and of Course, you'll, no doubt, be needing more glass Heads as well....
    Shush, you.....
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection.
    P
    Many

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    Whoa, looks great Christina Is that a cat ball in the picture?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Cat ball? On the floor? Yes. First I thought you wrote FUR BALL!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

KSH
    ?

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    Your intuition is fine, I´m sure. But no, it is not a new blue cap, although I would love to have another
    I was not thinking of a cap, I was thinking about something else made of cloth

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Quote by KSH View Post
    I was not thinking of a cap, I was thinking about something else made of cloth

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.
    Oh. I see. But no, I am not getting a uniform now, I do not have anywhere to put it or display it at the moment. Maybe later
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

KSH
    ?

Oh. I see. But no, I am not getting a uniform now, I do not have anywhere to put it or display it at the moment. Maybe later
    Whatever it is, I'm sure it's nice as usual

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Last edited by Little Mermaid; 02-05-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Hello guys.

Someone has requested that I do a collection thread, so here it is, my tiny collection.

Enjoy, as they say!

First I´d like to start off with a few rings;

Left:
    WWII German Waffen-SS silver skull ring ground dug in a forest near Karelia north of the Russian port city of Murmansk. Removed right off of the dead trooper´s finger.

Middle:
    WWII German Waffen-SS runic square alu ring, field made, US vet bring back.

Right:
    German WW2 silver ring from the 3rd SS Totenkopf Division, ground dug/found in SS combat positions in 2003 outside of Demjansk, Russia, near the dead village of Knevicza.
    Stamp in rear of ring: 930.
    Just a question,you said your ring was ground dug, and straight from the dead troopers finger, I'm thinking you were joking????

Most all dug rings-as well as virtually all the other personal items- from battlefields sites are basically of unknown origins. Quite often times, a tiny bit of remains will be found on or near the ring, but what can you do? If you'll read some of the battlefield digger's threads on the forum here, there are times when actual finger bones and nothing else whatsoever are found. It's sadly just a macabre fact of battlefield digging that body parts are naturally encountered. It is a far reach, though, to actually desecrating graves and stripping remains of badges and insignia, etc. I'm sure this ring was not pulled off a moldering skeleton from inside a casket and beneath a tombstone with full ID tags etc, but was simply found as thousands of other such items are, from an active battlefield from a vicious war. One such digger, I recall, spoke of "the hand and leg pile" from nearby a field hospital site which still stunk even after 65 years of exposure to the elements. Battlefield excavators always walk a very thin line. It doesn't take a big step to go from historian to ghoul. But, in the case of This ring, I'm sure it's fine. It was recovered in Northern Karelia by a forum member here and one of the highest integrity. He and his team are no "black diggers" as they are called there.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I think I even have a photo of it being dug up... hm...
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

KSH
    ?

Christina, I just remembered that you never showed me some more photos of your Heer officer's cap - I would really like to see it properly you know

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast