Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My Collection

Article about: Hello everyone, I am posting up pictures of my collection. The majority of it is veteran bringback from Charlie Norbeck who served in multiple theatres throughout WW2. I also have medals fro

Default My Collection

Hello everyone,
    I am posting up pictures of my collection. The majority of it is veteran bringback from Charlie Norbeck who served in multiple theatres throughout WW2. I also have medals from Bill Neagal who joined the airforce shortly after the end of WW2 and served with distinction in Korea and Vietnam. Col. Neagal was a good family friend and recently passed away. The Franklin Mint p-40 Warhawk is signed by multiple fighter aces. They are Gunther Rall, Chuck Yeager, Tex Hill, Robin Olds, and Bud Anderson. I was able to meet these aces when the came to do a promotion for Heaven's Landing, a private fly in community in the north Georgia mountains, and I was able to listen to all of their stories. My favorite part of the collection is the drawing of Maj. Dick Winters. I grew up very close to where the original 506 PIR of the 101st Airborne trained in Toccoa, Georgia and I have ran up Currahee mountain.... almost killed me. As an Army officer I try to base my leadership style off of his. All I need now is a silk D-Day escape and evasion map framed under his picture. It is not the largest collection but it is mine and has a very special place in my life. I am so glad that I found the forum. It has rekindled my love for this period in history. Hope you enjoy
    Thaddeus

My CollectionMy CollectionMy CollectionMy CollectionMy CollectionMy CollectionMy CollectionMy CollectionMy CollectionMy CollectionMy CollectionMy CollectionMy Collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection
    P
    Many

?

Very nice collection! Can you post some more pictures of the daggers that are next to the helmets?

Great collection with some iconic rifles!...

great looking collection you have there.
    Thanks for showing us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by dramos View Post
    Very nice collection! Can you post some more pictures of the daggers that are next to the helmets?
    Dramos- I have 2 seperate threads on the daggers. Both are SA. You can find the threads here. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...ngback-335409/
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...ngback-335830/

Enjoy!

?

Very nice collection.

?

Quote by Thaddeus View Post
    Dramos- I have 2 seperate threads on the daggers. Both are SA. You can find the threads here. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...ngback-335409/
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/sa-di...ngback-335830/

Enjoy!
    Thats right, I remember these threads now. Thanks again!

Great stuff, got to love the K98..
    Can you post close ups of the US flags? Are they maker marked?

Thank you

Cheers
    Nuno

very nice.

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Great stuff, got to love the K98..
    Can you post close ups of the US flags? Are they maker marked?

Thank you

Cheers
    Nuno

Nuno, Both flags have makers marks. I will attach pictures in this reply. Both are 48 star flags. I also have a 49 star flag which I believe is a little more rare but I do not have it on display. The large of the 2 flags look like each star is individually sewn on? I unfortunately do not know much about these flags so any information you could provide would be wonderful help!
    Thaddeus

This is the large flag
    My Collection My CollectionMy Collection

and the smaller one.
    My CollectionMy CollectionMy Collection