Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Collection: Three Years on a Budget

Article about: Hello. Since joining this forum, I've spent many an hour pondering which pieces in my collection I should share here next. No individual piece seemed interesting enough to warrant its own th

Thought I'd do a little update on this thread, as my collection has grown a fair bit since then. All the displays are now properly fleshed out, and have a consistent theme to them. I've completed my Soviet/German small arms wall display as well (with the exception of a Luger!). It seems I'm slowly turning the room I sleep in into a museum, and I couldn't be more satisfied with the results.
    Apologies for the glare in the photos. Unfortunately, it's a choice between that or complete darkness!

B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Collection: Three Years on a Budget   My Collection: Three Years on a Budget  

My Collection: Three Years on a Budget   My Collection: Three Years on a Budget  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection: Three Years on a Budget
    P
    Many

July update. I've recently done some rearranging, and have moved the NSDAP flag from the wall to the back of the cabinet.

My Collection: Three Years on a BudgetMy Collection: Three Years on a BudgetMy Collection: Three Years on a BudgetMy Collection: Three Years on a Budget

When I took it all out last night to give the cabinet a dust, it occurred to me just how much I've accumulated in a relatively short space of time. With it all packed neatly away or displayed in the cabinet, I hadn't noticed just how much of it there was.

B.B.

...always the way....

well done matey....'looks good.

But imagine the chaos in 10 years time........and 20 years time....and the small gap when you're trying to hide it from a potential Life Partner.....before getting it all out again.....

MAP
    ?

Looking good. Very well displayed!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...always the way....

well done matey....'looks good.

But imagine the chaos in 10 years time........and 20 years time....and the small gap when you're trying to hide it from a potential Life Partner.....before getting it all out again.....
    It's as big a part of me as anything else at this point, so I suppose they'll just have to put up with it! I look forward to the chaos, in all honesty. Figuring out where I'm supposed to put all this stuff is half the fun.

Comparing the earliest photos in this thread to the most recent makes me feel both very proud and very worried. Although I do seem to have become a lot tidier, so there's that.

My Collection: Three Years on a BudgetMy Collection: Three Years on a Budget

B.B.

I have complete Soviet Army and Navy uniforms with mariners watch and pocket watch. I do not collect USSR items; they were obtained by a family member in USSR during the 80s. It includes hats, medals, leather gear and heavy wool navy jacket too. I would be willing to trade all items for German items or whatever interests me. Anyone interested let me know.

- - ------- - -

That is a fine collection!

Quote by Karl Langer View Post
    I have complete Soviet Army and Navy uniforms with mariners watch and pocket watch. I do not collect USSR items; they were obtained by a family member who obtained in USSR during the 80s. It includes hats, medals and leather gear too. I would be willing to trade all items for German items or whatever you have that interests me.

- - ------- - -

That is a fine collection!
    Not much of a USSR collector myself! I wanted to proportionally represent the different sides, which is why I have the flag and firearms on the wall. Everything else is either British, Home Front or German. Nothing American or Japanese yet, as they're comparatively hard to find on this side of the pond.

B.B.

A very impressive collection Brodie.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A very impressive collection Brodie.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Thank you. It pales in comparison to many of the other collections shown here, but I'm proud of what I've achieved thus far.

B.B.

MAP
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Thank you. It pales in comparison to many of the other collections shown here, but I'm proud of what I've achieved thus far.

B.B.
    Never EVER compare to others. This is not a game of keeping up with the Jones. If we do try to keep up, we only covet (which besides being one of the 7 deadly sins) which never makes us happy.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast