Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Article about: Nice collection, after only one year. Better & bigger then my German collection and i been collecting for couple years now (German). must be big expense in one year. to grow a collection

Default Re: My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Thank you all for the nice feedback

This next medal is a big mystery
    The medal is original, oak leaves wreath is also original. However, they may not belong together. However, it was a medal issued as late as August 12th 1944. It is named 40-year medal with 50 years oak leaves, instituted by Hitler. I have not found any picture of this in any reference book, I hope I might have a bit rare medal here. Have posted photos on both the WAF and GCA, but there are mixed opinions on this.

Faithful Service Cross with Oakleaves

I would appreciate if anyone can help with information !

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection WWII (German medal & badges)
    P
    Many

Quote by Normandie View Post
    Norwegian: Jeg blir trist når jeg ser alt du har, jeg som syntes jeg hadde en ganske bra samling :/

English: I am sad when I see all the items you have, I who thought I had a pretty nice collection :/
    No reason to be sad! The smaller the collection you have, the easier it is to acquire new objects to the collection. For me, I'm struggling a little bit getting new medals I'm missing to my collection. Remember I have spent three (very active) years on this collection !

Next:
    Tapper og Tro medaljen 1944
    Bravery and Loyality Cross (Quisling Cross)

Bronze Latin cross with out-turned ends to the arms, crossed swords between the arms, with loop for ribbon suspension; the face with ‘Sun Eagle’ symbol of the Nasjonal Samling, being a circular gilt-edged red enamel disc bearing a gold cross, a gilt eagle with wings outstretched above; the reverse inscribed ‘TAPPER OG TRO’ in ‘Nordic’ script; on original ribbon with top bar mounted for wear. The Cross began life as the ‘Order for Bravery and Loyalty’, instituted by the collaborationist Nasjonal Samling government under Vidkun Quisling to be awarded to Norwegian combat forces on the same basis as the German Iron Cross. Shortly afterwards, however, Josef Terboven, German Reichskommissar of Norway, dictated that only German awards were to be worn by Norwegian collaborationist forces. (Terboven and Quisling has a long history of rivalry and disagreement with Terboven doing his utmost to minimise the influence of Quisling, despite the orders of Adolf Hitler to help build the Nasjonal Samling). The Order was thus awarded for only a very brief period. In 1944, a very few examples had the ‘Sun Eagle’ symbol affixed to the face, covering the date ‘1941’ in ‘Nordic’ script and were awarded to members of the Nasjonal Samling, such awards being referred to as ‘politisk utgave’ (political awards). After Allied victory in May 1945, recipients of the award naturally did everything possible to conceal the fact. As a consequence, it is extremely rare.

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Quote by norsk41elv View Post
    Thank you all for the nice feedback

This next medal is a big mystery
    The medal is original, oak leaves wreath is also original. However, they may not belong together. However, it was a medal issued as late as August 12th 1944. It is named 40-year medal with 50 years oak leaves, instituted by Hitler. I have not found any picture of this in any reference book, I hope I might have a bit rare medal here. Have posted photos on both the WAF and GCA, but there are mixed opinions on this.

Faithful Service Cross with Oakleaves

I would appreciate if anyone can help with information !
    Hi Jørn,

I think these oakleaves belong to the Wehrmacht 25 year service medal indicating an additional award for 40 years service.

?

Quote by norsk41elv View Post
    Next:
    Tapper og Tro medaljen 1944
    Bravery and Loyality Cross (Quisling Cross)

Bronze Latin cross with out-turned ends to the arms, crossed swords between the arms, with loop for ribbon suspension; the face with ‘Sun Eagle’ symbol of the Nasjonal Samling, being a circular gilt-edged red enamel disc bearing a gold cross, a gilt eagle with wings outstretched above; the reverse inscribed ‘TAPPER OG TRO’ in ‘Nordic’ script; on original ribbon with top bar mounted for wear. The Cross began life as the ‘Order for Bravery and Loyalty’, instituted by the collaborationist Nasjonal Samling government under Vidkun Quisling to be awarded to Norwegian combat forces on the same basis as the German Iron Cross. Shortly afterwards, however, Josef Terboven, German Reichskommissar of Norway, dictated that only German awards were to be worn by Norwegian collaborationist forces. (Terboven and Quisling has a long history of rivalry and disagreement with Terboven doing his utmost to minimise the influence of Quisling, despite the orders of Adolf Hitler to help build the Nasjonal Samling). The Order was thus awarded for only a very brief period. In 1944, a very few examples had the ‘Sun Eagle’ symbol affixed to the face, covering the date ‘1941’ in ‘Nordic’ script and were awarded to members of the Nasjonal Samling, such awards being referred to as ‘politisk utgave’ (political awards). After Allied victory in May 1945, recipients of the award naturally did everything possible to conceal the fact. As a consequence, it is extremely rare.

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)
    Thanks for posting such a rare example !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Glenn !
    Yes, that is possible. Almost identical oak leaves

Last edited by norsk41elv; 04-05-2012 at 02:11 PM.

A very nice collection, thanks for sharing it with us all.

Thank you Estland !

These medals are Norwegian from WWII
    Kong Haakon 70 år
    Deltakermedaljen m/rosett
    Frihetsmedaljen
    Krigsmedaljen
    Haakon VII Frihetskors
    Krigskorset m/sverd

Regards from Norway

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Last purchase: 8 pce medalbar Bavarian

Iron Cross second class 1914
    War merit cross 2.class with swords
    Bavaria. Military Merit Cross, 3rd class w/swords
    Hindenburg cross with swords
    Commemorative Medal 1.october 1938 (Sudentenland)
    Bavaria. Regimental Commemorative Medal 1682-1932 (scarce)
    Bavaria. Jubilee for the Army 1905 Bronze
    Bayern. Kronprinz Rupprecht Medal 1925-33

Regards
    JT

Great looking bar.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 32 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast