Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Article about: Nice collection, after only one year. Better & bigger then my German collection and i been collecting for couple years now (German). must be big expense in one year. to grow a collection

Default Re: My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

Thank you for your kind feedback

It must be said that this medal (Treudienst Ehrenzeichen 40 jahre mit eichenlaub Sonderkl) have I posted photos on many forums for identification. The feedback has been split! The medal, ribbon and oak leaves are original, but rarely so little to compare with out there. If the parts are original compound is the big question In my eyes...its a good one !

Regards
    JT

My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)My collection WWII (German medal & badges)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection WWII (German medal & badges)
    P
    Many

It looks straight to me. Nice medal!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I cant see any problems with it. What were the comments from the non believers ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I think it looks fine but the oakleaves are tricky topic for me as there isn't much information around on them and about the only time I've seen one for sale its been about 300-400 euro. (although that was on the Winkler site)

I would also be interested to see what the nay-sayers comments were regarding this piece.

Basically mentioned.... that the oak leaves belonging to the medal Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht mit Eichenlaub Sonderkl., 40 Jahre (Heer 40 years Service Medal with Oakleaves).

I also have this in my collection (by comparison). This is guaranteed original! One can see that oak leaves are somewhat different, but probably from different manufacturers. I do not dare to straighten the mounts, to look for manufacturer markings on the back.

I have to search a bit on the WAF and GCA to locate the exact comments, but no one could refer to any contemporary documentation where this award was depicted. I remember it was mentioned that the medal should have the number 40 in the cross. None of my reference books have this medal pictured either.

.................That's just one mystery that probably will not be identified and solved

Regards
    JT

From WAF:
    Late war indeed proposed but never taken into actual production or awarding.
    From GCA: Thomas Bendixen -Moderator
    These oakleaves are for the Whermacht DA 25 years cross to denote 40 years service

On the other hand.....................
    The 57er version of this medal exist !! That is Proof enough for me that this medal was also launched in 1944/45 (C Ailsby describes this medal in "WW2 German medals and political awards."
    It is 40-year medal with 50 years of oak leaves, instituted by Hitler 12.08.1944.)

HERE YOU SEE THE 57ER VERSION - - strange mix on the ribbon but accepted as original.
    GCA Forum | Access denied..

Regards
    JT
    Last edited by norsk41elv; 09-12-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Todays mail

Original postcards and Studiphotos are great as reference on reality (regarding details on uniforms etc)

I started a project to build a showpiece for one of my uniforms.
    The challenge was greater than first thought, as this was all I had to work with .........

The uniform I was going to use was used by a small guy, so male dolls did not fit (neck and chest). Thought I'd do a breast removal surgery, but used instead bubble wrap to hide the attributes.

That would work if you were building a display for that "one odd guy in the company that you always wondered about"...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast