Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Combat Corner, nearly done!

Article about: Have an SS Rodo buckle coming for the dot44 display but was having too much fun redecorating and wanted to share some pics. Of note on the dot44 display is the pony pack is SS RZM, as is the

?

Default Re: My Combat Corner, nearly done!

You have some of the best stuff I have ever seen, SS helmets galore

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Combat Corner, nearly done!
    P
    Many

?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    KRETA, AFRIKA , the book of the Fallschirmjager in Crete and the USMC helmet are my favorites!!! Perfect display!!!!
    Thanks Lizard King,

You'd love the rest of the grouping then. What you mentioned plus The double decal tan helmet in that display, gravity and boot knife, several of his cased medals, the Fallschirm Division cuff title, related insignia, and his POW letters home are all part of the grouping. He was Ramcke brigade when wounded and later captured by the Russians and spent 2 years in a POW camp near Moscow. I plan on doing a complete thread on the man and grouping one of these days when time permits.

Thank you everyone for the added compliments. After sleeping on it when the RODO buckle next weekend comes in I will make some small changes to the display and repost.

Dr. CMH I will endeavor to also post the section of room where the summer tunic resides. I believe you and F-B would enjoy it.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Doug, what is the belt on the dot44 mannequin?

......drool ........

Dan
    Hi Dan it is a simple open 2 claw belt with pebbled finish, sometimes seen worn by officers and Armoured crews. It is incorrect for the display but the tunic arrived yesterday and wanted to start working on the corner display immediately to get a feel for it. As I said there is a proper SS EM/NCO belt and RODO buckle coming from RoyA (fellow admin on GHW2) which he is delivering next Friday.

Roy has an incredible eye for detail and the two of us will spend next Friday afternoon reassembling both forms and will repost.

I will then relocate the 2 claw belt on my Spanien1939 Panzer Wrapper to Panzer Lehr which I have yet to post here.

great looking display Doug!! I wish I had the MP38 and MG42.
    Have you been at this long?? Finding good stuff these days is getting harder.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Hi John, thank you for the kind words, the firearms are all deactivated. I received my first helmet when I was 14, 34 years ago. I still own it and as a matter of fact little did I know then but its perhaps one of the rarest WW1 German camo's known today. Collected bits and pieces since however since my brother passed away 9 years ago I have developed a much keener interest in the militaria genre and greater focus in particular around the area of SS helmets of which you can see a small part of my collection in this thread.

CBH
    ?

A truly amazing collection !
    Any chance for a close up shot of the Leib Husaren totenkopf in the display case ?
    Thanks for sharing !
    Chris

Quote by DougB View Post
    Not so much Chris. That form is more a 42-43 Russian front display. The dot44 would be more Normandy.
    Thank you Doug.
    That what I was thinking
    chris

A nice beginning to your collection! Keep up your efforts and it'll be very impressive someday!

As always, you never cease to amaze and make us VERY jealous! Thanks for sharing, Doug!

I had only ever seen veils worn by snipers. Do you plan to outfit that mannequin with a scoped K98k or GEW43 eventually? If not, can you explain why you have it like this?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    can you explain why you have it like this?
    Probably because he just CAN I imagine!

Hi Doug, Nice Cruise helmet - is the MC a single or is there a group with it??

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast