Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My connection to ww2

Article about: by mauser9 some very nice items. thanks for sharing and the pistol looks awesome. pistol and SA pennant my favorites, even though crosses[I have 2] more rare....

?

Default My connection to ww2

uncle was with the 179th Italy, France, Deutschland,.....if only I could've talked with my uncle about this...close ups/better pics of cross/crosses!!!! in awards section..final HQ was hitler's Munich apartment...also 179th was at the furherbrau<>nazi HQ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My connection to ww2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My connection to ww2
    P
    Many

Default Re: My connection to ww2

Wow your uncle was a veteran of both war ?? and did he survive both wars ???

?

no--was with the 179th 45th division US forces

?

Do you have pictures of his uniform 45th is a very interesting unit that liberated dachua some neat souvenirs your father brought back

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Do you have pictures of his uniform 45th is a very interesting unit that liberated dachua some neat souvenirs your father brought back
    , I used to see him a lot when I was a kid...he did mention that, one of the very few things he did mention,[[ used to say hande hoch and how the Germans were good with mortars]] and I thought iIsaw him in a pic near there....but, I see the 157th, I think, was also at Dachau..so, I'm not sure if the 179th actually did the initial liberation....o, it was my uncle, not father--I do have his regimental book and 5 pages of letters...do not see Dachau in letters..no uniform that I know of.....I'll ask my surviving Aunts and Uncles....I've got the book Liberator about the 157th.......thanks for reply

?

Could you post pictures of the book I have never seen it before

?

Great stuff! I also have family who seved in ww2. My great g pa was 101st ,506th band o bros from d day to Berchtesgaden .

some very nice items. thanks for sharing and the pistol looks awesome.

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    will do, I am at work now, probably be around 6 this evening.....the author signs the introduction 'hitler's apartment'' and in the Munich section he tells of the CP [HQ] of the 179th there

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    I've posted pics of the book before, I forget if I did on this forum or another ...let me check..if not here, I'll give you a link, also will post here later
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My connection to ww2  
    Last edited by bronk; 05-14-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast