Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My connection to ww2

Article about: by mauser9 some very nice items. thanks for sharing and the pistol looks awesome. pistol and SA pennant my favorites, even though crosses[I have 2] more rare....

?

Default Re: My connection to ww2

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    some very nice items. thanks for sharing and the pistol looks awesome.
    pistol and SA pennant my favorites, even though crosses[I have 2] more rare....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My connection to ww2
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Great stuff! I also have family who seved in ww2. My great g pa was 101st ,506th band o bros from d day to Berchtesgaden .
    Berchtesgaden, now that is a mystic place...I think the Eagle's nest is nearby, and the 'real' Tea House...I bet there wee some nice things there

?

Great book its one I have yet to see thanks for posting a pic

?

Yeah, the eagles nest is nearby the town if Berchtesgaden . That RK is sweet! Ritter Krosses are very valuable and that one is in minty condition with great frosting on the frame. Close ups would be great if you get the chance. Thanks,
    Dean.

?

my other 'collections' thread has the full lot--2Rks/spanges and other stuff..I have 3 threads of close ups of the RKs in the Eisernes Kreuz section....thank you for the reply

NICE collection. I have been looking for the 179th book for awhile. I am sure my uncle pounded some of the same ground as he was in the 179th 2nd battalion company F...

Both the 42nd Rainbow and 45th Thunderbirds were the first to liberate Dachau if your uncle was 179 Inf reg 45th he relieved the 15 Corp at Dachau so he was in a very historic unit. He brought some good souviners and typical GI stuff like items with Swaz on it the pistol is a Czek CZ model used a lot by Germans and made under German occupation of Czek republic I have had several and they are well made and a good shooter. I believe the 157th Inf Reg under the 45div was the one that executed some of the guards by machine gun. Nice family souveniers with history thanks for showing. timothy

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Both the 42nd Rainbow and 45th Thunderbirds were the first to liberate Dachau if your uncle was 179 Inf reg 45th he relieved the 15 Corp at Dachau so he was in a very historic unit. He brought some good souviners and typical GI stuff like items with Swaz on it the pistol is a Czek CZ model used a lot by Germans and made under German occupation of Czek republic I have had several and they are well made and a good shooter. I believe the 157th Inf Reg under the 45div was the one that executed some of the guards by machine gun. Nice family souveniers with history thanks for showing. timothy
    I believe the book 'Rock of Anzio' talks about the guards' killing and of course Dachau...I swear I once saw pics of my uncle there, but none of my relatives remembers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2