Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Curio-Cabinet Display...

Article about: I've tidied up my display to more manageable proportions, having sold off my Panzerfaust and about 5 helmets last year...This is my fourth collection, having started over several times in my

Default My Curio-Cabinet Display...

I've tidied up my display to more manageable proportions, having sold off my Panzerfaust and about 5 helmets last year...This is my fourth collection, having started over several times in my life due to various circumstances...I've got about 3 years invested in this one...Here are some of my favorites, I hope you enjoy...
    My focus is in the creation of a tasteful, historic military display without creating unintended "Nazi" overtones...The bold US newspaper headlines help maintain a balance besides being affordable and displaying well...I'm always up for new display ideas, and I've learned much from you guys here over the years...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Curio-Cabinet Display...   My Curio-Cabinet Display...  

My Curio-Cabinet Display...   My Curio-Cabinet Display...  

My Curio-Cabinet Display...   My Curio-Cabinet Display...  

Attached Images Attached Images My Curio-Cabinet Display...  My Curio-Cabinet Display... 
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 04-17-2015 at 04:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Curio-Cabinet Display...
    P
    Many

Glenn, the Stauffenberg signature is so awesome. I never tire of seeing it!

?

Very nice display Glenn. I can't see if you have any but you can buy small acrylic stands on ebay that help display medals rather nicely. I like to use them and take a flat item, like a larger paper or cloth item and use it as a base for the rest of the stuff. It gives the medals a little bit of life and allows you to display larger pieces without taking up a lot of space!

I'd like to add just a few more...my apologies for the picture-quality...
    Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Curio-Cabinet Display...   My Curio-Cabinet Display...  

Attached Images Attached Images My Curio-Cabinet Display...  My Curio-Cabinet Display... 

Thank you for the tips and the encouraging words...I've been wanting to buy those stands you're referring to, haven't gotten around to it yet so I've been improvising as you can see...
    Oddly enough, the v.Stauffenberg and the v.Seeckt signatures fell into my lap completely by surprise...as odd as it sounds, sometimes Militaria will find the collector, lol...
    Keep up the great work, friends...
    cheers, Glenn

This is a great collection Glenn..and so true are the words that these artifacts are predestined to reach the right person. Period Newspapers always enhance any collection.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nice items and nicely displayed. timothy

?

Glenn, great collection you have there! Great signatures to boot as well.

Thanks friends, I'm glad you like my display! And thank you, Larry...It's the only way I can explain it, and I've had this happen to me quite often throughout my collecting since starting as a kid...It's great to hear that you've experienced this as well, I've always respected and appreciated your true expertise and contributions to the Forum...(You "get it", so to speak)
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 04-16-2015 at 07:06 PM.

?

Excellent objects and documents and pic's to boot!!!!
    Nice Collection Glenn!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast