Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My display

Article about: Hey all, New to the forum so why not start by posting some pics of my humble collection. All items are original besides the ehrenring, soldbuch and handle on the KM dagger. The U-boat is a f

Quote by Godts View Post
    Hehehe could be if it wasnt for the fact that it is a male skull
    I didnt tell, that it is her skull, maybe just belogend to her. She was the wife of the KZ commandant Karl-Otto Koch and collected macabre things, like lampshades made of KZ prisoner skins.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My display
    P
    Many

?

My mistake! Haven't thought about that option yet...
    Hard to do research on this item i guess

?

On waf there is a thread regarding occult side of nsdap. Maybe you should try to identify the skull over there??

Quote by RKKAFan View Post
    I didnt tell, that it is her skull, maybe just belogend to her. She was the wife of the KZ commandant Karl-Otto Koch and collected macabre things, like lampshades made of KZ prisoner skins.
    Is the thing about the lampshades really true? I've read that they after the trial against the "Witch of Buchenwald" they discovered that it was skin from goats and they instead of life in prison only gave her 4 years.

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Is the thing about the lampshades really true? I've read that they after the trial against the "Witch of Buchenwald" they discovered that it was skin from goats and they instead of life in prison only gave her 4 years.
    True or not, she was a sadistic person and had luck with judgement. I can remember, that she got a weak punishment, cause she was pregnant.

?

Quote by Godts View Post
    Hehehe could be if it wasnt for the fact that it is a male skull
    There's nothing on a human skull that can tell you if it was a man or a woman...
    Only when you have prove or provenance that it was a man, you could know it... otherwise not...

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    There's nothing on a human skull that can tell you if it was a man or a woman...
    Only when you have prove or provenance that it was a man, you could know it... otherwise not...
    4 Ways to Determine Sex (When All You Have is a Skull) | The Forensic Outreach Library

DNA on that skull could easily be obtained via DNA from one of the teeth. Would not only tell the sex but the ethnicity of the individual.
    Items such as that can carry very bad things with them. It is not an object that I personally would display or keep as a curiosity. The "artist" was obviously quite depraved.
    The Lampshade of human skin was indeed confirmed a few years ago via a DNA test.
    New Book Tells Grim Story Of 'The Lampshade' : NPR

The skull makes me feel ill.......each to there own and all that but for me that's not nice.

Otherwise very nice collection keep up the good work,

best matty

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast