MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Favorite feldpost letter in my collection - With eastern front flower

Article about: This is my favorite feldpost letter in my collection and also one of the first WW2 iteems i bought. It is sent from Kompanie Grenadier Regiment 573 in Russia. It has a beautiful dryed flower

?

Default My Favorite feldpost letter in my collection - With eastern front flower

This is my favorite feldpost letter in my collection and also one of the first WW2 iteems i bought. It is sent from Kompanie Grenadier Regiment 573 in Russia. It has a beautiful dryed flower from the front. The flower still has many of its colors. Sent 27 April in 1943, Location "O.U".

Attachment 172059

Attachment 172057

Attachment 172060

Attachment 172058

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Favorite feldpost letter in my collection - With eastern front flower
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My Favorite feldpost letter in my collection - With eastern front flower

I THINK ITS VERY NICE AS I NEVER SEEN THESE BEFORE.! THaNKS FOR SHARING

?

Default Re: My Favorite feldpost letter in my collection - With eastern front flower

Thanks Pammy! I have only seen a flower in a feldpost 1 time before so i think it's very rare.

Daniel, do you know if there is a meaning with the dried flower? I got one as well that was sent home by a family member while he served in Nordland.

?

Actually I have no idea, but I would guess that it means the same as if you would do it today. Would love to see your flower!

Daniel,
    here it is:

My Favorite feldpost letter in my collection - With eastern front flower

My grandgrand mother had it on her livingroom wall thats why its framed. Don't know from where or when her son sent it.

rgds
    Mads

Hi Mads, your is an Edelweiss. (Leontopodium alpinum)

I don't know the other one and I am in the gardening trade. But I hope someone will.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade,
    The edelweiss is only growing in mountainous regions, right?

Hi Mads, yes, that is right.

I went looking for one aged 20 on my first trip to Austria!

German Mountain troops or Gebirgsjäger wore a metal cap badge of this flower and still do today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have a picture of one sent as a feldpost.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Favorite feldpost letter in my collection - With eastern front flower  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast