Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My first shadowbox

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, I have been working on and off (mostly off) on my shadowbox for the last couple of months. It is now complete for the most part and I wanted to share a glimpse of it

Very nice! I use the 'SAFE' brand display frames and have 13 or so of them now!

One question, regarding your use of paper clips, aren't you concerned about eventual rust marks on your ribbons from the clips?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first shadowbox
    P
    Many

?

@Chopperman, Greenhorn, SteveR and Rossi : Thank you very much! I'm glad you guys like it!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Better make some more...I started with one and am now up to 7... (of course, not as nice as your beauty)
    Nice, I will be sure to have a look at your collection and I'm hoping that you included pictures of all your 7 displays!

Thanks again, MAP.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Wow, Impressive craftmanship. It looks so much better when the pieces of history is displayed in a dust "proof" box.

They are suddenly not only a piece of history, but also turned into "art" (cant find a more fitting word)
    Thanks! I'm not handy at all, so I found every single step to be demanding.

I agree that a collection can be enjoyed a lot more when it is readily displayed!

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Well done!
    I am a fan of symmetry.
    Ralph.
    I should have taken a picture of the foam board before sticking the black cotton to it. It looked like a blueprint because I had drawn so many lines while going for the symmetry.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Very nice! I use the 'SAFE' brand display frames and have 13 or so of them now!

One question, regarding your use of paper clips, aren't you concerned about eventual rust marks on your ribbons from the clips?
    Given how isolated they are, I'm guessing that it would take a LOT of time before rusting. In any case, I will be watching out for it, and I've made it so that any paperclip can be replaced in a matter of seconds.

Great job,cheers Paul

MAP
    ?

Reich

Here they are...ever changing and moving stuff around to make room. As said. No where near as nice as yours given the constant state of change....

My Collection - A portion
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very well done! Love the posters too. Are those originals or reproduction?

?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Great job,cheers Paul
    Thank you Paul

Quote by MAP View Post
    Reich

Here they are...ever changing and moving stuff around to make room. As said. No where near as nice as yours given the constant state of change....
    I'd rather have a big collection like yours than one display like mine!

Quote by avenger View Post
    Very well done! Love the posters too. Are those originals or reproduction?
    The posters are absolutely positively reproductions. I actually got them before starting my collection, and I was only going for a nice decoration, not for anything authentic.

Very nice sir! I am thinking about doing the same thing. I think this will be my next weekend project

?

Quote by coldcashandcolderhearts View Post
    Very nice sir! I am thinking about doing the same thing. I think this will be my next weekend project
    Cool! Definitely show us once it is done, and don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any!

Que
    ?

Very nice mounting job.
    What is the medal on the bottom left with the blue ribbon? I found one of those (without the ribbon) metal detecting in Germany. Here is a pic.

My first shadowbox

?

Quote by Que View Post
    Very nice mounting job.
    What is the medal on the bottom left with the blue ribbon? I found one of those (without the ribbon) metal detecting in Germany. Here is a pic.
    Thanks!

The medal is called the Treudienst-Ehrenzeichen. Looks like yours is the silver variant, so for 25 years of state service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2