Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

My friends things, your opinion is valued!

Article about: So, the same guy with the fake dagger, also has these items. Apparently he was offered them many years ago, by an old lady who had an uncle that disappeared from Sweden around 1939, not sure

?

Default My friends things, your opinion is valued!

So, the same guy with the fake dagger, also has these items. Apparently he was offered them many years ago, by an old lady who had an uncle that disappeared from Sweden around 1939, not sure if he came back or if he died there, but apparently he had volounteered. The old lady just wanted to get rid of these things she had found in his apartment, the family didn´t want anything to do with his name (or the things left behind), my friend who bought it asked what his name was, but she had refused to say, but she had said something about her uncle was stationed "in one of those horrible camps". Now, remember im telling this in third person, he told me this yesterday, she told him 20 years ago, im not sure i got it all right, but one thing was sure, she was very clear on the point to never ever mention the name. I will do some research, i know one name from my little hometown, but never heard anything about that he was serving the reich.

Heres the pictures, not taken by me, it would be interesting to get an idea of possible value (i want to buy it from him ) and if someone knows more about the pins. The NSDAP button was easy to find info about, and if it´s genuine it´s a good looking item to me at least!

My friends things, your opinion is valued!My friends things, your opinion is valued!My friends things, your opinion is valued!

These pins, the blue/yellow swastika at least looks like something swedish volounteers would get, or is it a civilian support pin?

My friends things, your opinion is valued!My friends things, your opinion is valued!My friends things, your opinion is valued!

Then it´s the skull pin, did not see any marks on it, and the ring might have marks inside, but i didn´t have a magnify , i can ask him to take some pictures from the other side too, thought he would.

My friends things, your opinion is valued!My friends things, your opinion is valued!My friends things, your opinion is valued!My friends things, your opinion is valued!My friends things, your opinion is valued!

This is a calendar and a notebook, as new, not even fully opened, the black one had a lot of pictures and text, i only glanced cause i didn´t want to mess it up, think it was the story of the fatherland though, beautiful pics etc.

My friends things, your opinion is valued!

And last pic for now, pretty interesting, don´t know if you can read the text on the case, blurry picture, but it´s issued by MR Rausing (Ikea founder), from time to time there´s been headlines about his symphaties with the nsdap, im sure the press would love to get their hands on this!

My friends things, your opinion is valued!My friends things, your opinion is valued!

He didn´t take pictures of the other stuff, but it was i think 4 wounded badges, the ones with the helmet, swastika and crossed swords, then some other medals, one i think 1:st class Irons Cross, magnetic, 1914 on it. Then a bunch of german newspapers and magazines, i will get some pics of that too later on! All help appreciated! I will send him a link to this thread.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My friends things, your opinion is valued!
    P
    Many

Default Re: My friends things, your opinion is valued!

Wiking

The badge marked with RZM M1/4, Hitler/Ludendorff, is not an NSDAP badge at all. Your pictured badge is unfortunately a fake. An Original Hitler/Ludendorff badge is from the pre RZM era and would not be marked in this manner. The quality of the enamel looks very poor also.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Thats too bad, well my reference wasn´t probably the best, i used this site, (selling reproductions) but thought at least the info about the originals would be correct. A lot to learn in this business lol

The second one from top: Adler Military Third Reich German Awards And Decorations. http://wwwadlermilitary.com

?

A repro site should never be used as a reference for originals. Never.

?

Obviously, didn´t really think about it, and at least i thought they would give the correct info, why bother making a copy, sell it as a copy, and put more into it then it is on the original.. Strange world. Any input about the other stuff then? It must have been hard before the internet, this stuff is purchased 20 years ago, not that easy to check the stuff then!

Wiking

I like the blue swas stickpin and believe it's a Swedish supporter item. The stickpin next to it may also be a good piece. The Totenkopf stickpin looks of fairly poor make and would be surprised if it was authentic. The enamel swas stickpin needs much better photographs to tell more. The finger ring displays no wear at all and has patination that doesn't look right. These rings are the most commonly faked style of ring. Better photos would be great but it doesn't look too promising. The playing cards are pretty neat but probably just a curiosity post war item. How about a pic of the obverse of some of the cards? The calendar and notebook need petter pics and the contents would be telling.

The blue swas stickpin and it's counterpart look the most promising. I'd own that blue stickpin, it's a nice piece.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

This guy isn´t that lucky is he.. Gonna tell him to take pics of the other stuff, the wounds badges and newspapers and all. Hopefuly you guys can see some genuine item for him

Hi there,i would give the lot a miss personally,the few genuine peices that may be amongst the sea of fakes here would not inspire me to take a chance.The trumped up story also says to me fakes all day long. Just my opinion but i really get fed up with sellers who try and sell fakes with a "provenence" Leon.

William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Well good to know at least, but i can´t stop wonder, did this woman make the story all up, or did she tell her beliefs only? As this was a mid-aged woman, before the internet, it sounds a bit sofisticated to make all that up in purpose. But it wouldnt be impossible of course. Will get pics of the rest as soon as he returns, lets see if the wounded badges look genuine to you, maybe i can buy one of them from him if they are genuine!