Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

my gasmask collection

Article about: as some of you know ive ammased a small but broad range of gasmasks from the ww2 up to modern times here's what ive got starting with my 3 british s6 and s10 trio dated1973 and 1988 this is

Default my gasmask collection

as some of you know ive ammased a small but broad range of gasmasks from the ww2 up to modern times here's what ive got starting with my 3 british s6 and s10 trio dated1973 and 1988 my gasmask collectionthis is the filter from the german cvm40my gasmask collectiongerman trio m38 dated 1943 cvm40 dated 1939 and the drager m65 dated 1997 used by the west german bundeswehrmy gasmask collectionUS trio nbc hood from m17a1my gasmask collection1942 m3 1951 m9 and 1984 m17a1 my gasmask collectionfrench and belgium trio 1939 civilian tc-38 civilian c-38 and begium anp51 my gasmask collectionswedish sealed filter my gasmask collectionswedish mask unsure of designation but ww2 period with nice stamps my gasmask collectionthis i believe is polish fitted with integral nbc hood my gasmask collectionmy gasmask collection2x russian masks my gasmask collection1935 dated italian t35 a real beaut with sealed filter and spare lenses my gasmask collectioncivilian ww2 japanesemy gasmask collectionmid 30's spanish drager blancomy gasmask collectionJapanese filter label my gasmask collectionbritish civilian duty tin inscription my gasmask collections6/10 triomy gasmask collection1944 dated british lightweight mk4 used post war by denmark note the CF stamp my gasmask collection4 brit masks mkiv dated 1938 another 38 dated civil duty, 37 dated civil duty and the mk4 dated 1944 my gasmask collectionisraeli issue m15 my gasmask collection1968 dated czech model z my gasmask collectionczech filter date stamp my gasmask collectioncivilian japanese maker stamp my gasmask collectioneast german m10 this one is fitted with US nbc hood the nva issue is on the right and correct for this mask my gasmask collectionnva hood ink stamp my gasmask collectionsmashed lens on Japanese mask my gasmask collectionitalian t35 showing sealed filter my gasmask collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my gasmask collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: my gasmask collection

Great collection i never new that those brithish mask were made in ww2 mk4 lightwight ones. Did the britishs sas use them well after the war too

Give me your M9 I want it and I Shall have it,you cannot hide forever James,hahaha,regards Dave.p.s the others are quite cool too,thought I should mention them......

took me an age to take pics and then input the info in right place dave but got there in the end ill leave the m9 to you in my will ,i believe the m9a1 is the exact same mask but just a different storage bag ,the mk4 was issued in 1943 geelong i think and was used up untill the introduction of the avon s6 famously used in the irainian embassy siege in 1980 the s6 was also seen as late as the first gulf war in operation granby but not by frontline troops they had progressed to the s10 by then

Looking good James! that one with the integrated hood is interesting, I've seen one before but can't quite remember anything about it.... I'll do a little digging and see if I can come up with an ID

Thanks

Danny

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Give me your M9 I want it and I Shall have it,you cannot hide forever James,hahaha,regards Dave.p.s the others are quite cool too,thought I should mention them......
    Mint condition, and affordable M9's in the UK: Genuine U.S. Army Gas mask and Bag from Surplus and Outdoors / Militaria Collectables

Thanks

Danny

cheers danny hope your well sir ,if you could dig some info on it that would be great im convinced its polish it scares the life out of the missus and the nbc hood seems glued in around the eyepieces ,probably for a complete seal cheers james
    Last edited by James C; 01-15-2017 at 01:57 PM.

danny i also need you to id two on here ive not designated the green hosed example from my russian pairing and the 1940's swedish if you could please thanks james

Hi James,
    The russian gas mask with the hose looks like a GP-4 to me, in fact I was going to ask you about it as I can't find any info on it, production dates or anything on the internet.
    All the ones that I have seen have a cylindrical filter which the bag was made to accomodate, but yours has the elliptic cylinder like my GP-5. I'm sure Danny will reveal all.

As the man above has said, the green one is a GP-4, the filter is rather unusual though however its not uncommon to see masks with random filters attached to them, the filter fitted to yours looks like the type usually seen on SchM-41 masks. The "Swedish" one looks like a Finnish Nokia M38 to me, the filter is without a doubt Swedish, however is very similar to the filter on the Belgian L.702 Civilian Gas Mask. Very interesting As for the one with the hood, I haven't been able to find anything. For some reason I think its Hungarian, the exhale/inhale assembly and the filter remind me of the M76 Mask.

Thanks

Danny

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast