Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

my gasmask collection

Article about: as some of you know ive ammased a small but broad range of gasmasks from the ww2 up to modern times here's what ive got starting with my 3 british s6 and s10 trio dated1973 and 1988 this is

Default Re: my gasmask collection

hi danny and thanks after doing some research on the grp 4 ive noticed estonian masks used this same type of filter with there gp5 so its a possiblity its russian for export ?and danny you were spot on with the swedish mask ive just checked inside and it says nokia also it has an ink stamp under the chin ,here's the picsmy gasmask collectionmy gasmask collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my gasmask collection
    P
    Many

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    As the man above has said, the green one is a GP-4, the filter is rather unusual though however its not uncommon to see masks with random filters attached to them, the filter fitted to yours looks like the type usually seen on SchM-41 masks. The "Swedish" one looks like a Finnish Nokia M38 to me, the filter is without a doubt Swedish, however is very similar to the filter on the Belgian L.702 Civilian Gas Mask. Very interesting As for the one with the hood, I haven't been able to find anything. For some reason I think its Hungarian, the exhale/inhale assembly and the filter remind me of the M76 Mask.

Thanks

Danny
    danny after doing a bit more research i also believe its the hungarian model 1976 as you say the exhale valve is identical when compared to known referance pictures also ive peeled back the hood as much as i could around the eye lenses and have revealed an ink stamp between the top of the lenses just under the central strap its a circle with the number 1 i have seen other m76's with this same marking in that particular location ,ive just never found one with a fixed nbc hood before ,thanks again james
    Regards James

The Type 99 jap is lovely and the MkIV brit as always

?

Not seen this thread before .lovely collection here James well done..I have a few respirators myself...but I have 2 S6s..dated 1966 & 1970..the only reason I remember that is mine & the Missus birth years lol...I'm in the process of knocking up a dummy in mid 80s NBC suit/kit when I've done which should be in July I will post some pictures!!!. Cheers Terry.

Quote by The woodpecker View Post
    The Type 99 jap is lovely and the MkIV brit as always
    hi woodpecker ,i like the jap gassie too ,ive never been able to pinpoint the exact model designation on this one im not sure if its the type 99 though as it has a frontal exhale valve ,i was told it was for civilian use ,but what model is it? thanks james
    Regards James

?

Great collection James! I love the way you have displayed some of the masks over the canisters! You have my two faves the German WW2 M38 & British S10. I love my S10 it looks so cool on display! I need to set roughly £100 aside to get another M38 in nice clean condition with cannister hopefully! Foolishly sold mine a few years back and been meaning to acquire another one ever since! Again great lot you have friend! Cheers! Sean.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Not seen this thread before .lovely collection here James well done..I have a few respirators myself...but I have 2 S6s..dated 1966 & 1970..the only reason I remember that is mine & the Missus birth years lol...I'm in the process of knocking up a dummy in mid 80s NBC suit/kit when I've done which should be in July I will post some pictures!!!. Cheers Terry.
    cheers terry ,what a great way of remebering the dates on the brit gassies ,its always nice to buy an item that is the same age as yourself ,allthough sometimes the items are in much better condition i will look forward to seeing the british army mannequin ,its sounds like a great idea ,will it be similar to the pictures i provided from my museum visit ,thanks again james
    Regards James

Quote by seandm View Post
    Great collection James! I love the way you have displayed some of the masks over the canisters! You have my two faves the German WW2 M38 & British S10. I love my S10 it looks so cool on display! I need to set roughly £100 aside to get another M38 in nice clean condition with cannister hopefully! Foolishly sold mine a few years back and been meaning to acquire another one ever since! Again great lot you have friend! Cheers! Sean.
    many thanks sean ,yes the m38 is a lovely piece ,to be honest i coudnt decide on my favorite ,i like them all ,but the one that sticks in my mind the most as a child growing up in the late 70's early eighties is the iconic british s6 especially after watching the irainian embassy siege on the telly ,cheers james
    Regards James

?

Well kind of James..I'm dressing him in the old what I call blue NBC kit...steel helmet,58 beltkit/webbing & a SLR ..So he will be a little older than the 1 you took photos of....Couple of reasons I can't afford a deact SA80/L85A1..& I have the beltkit when I was serving & the helmet I found in a skip at H..So I thought sod it that will do!!! lol ... Cheers Terry.

Blimey James looks like your ready for something big to happen,another thread that has passed me by,what a collection Buddy......Jake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast