Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Grandfathers Airborne patch, and other things.

Article about: I had to right a wrong today. I made a shadow box with a few of my Grandfathers things that were handed down to me in 2008. I finally got around to removing them tonight. My fear was that my

Default My Grandfathers Airborne patch, and other things.

I had to right a wrong today. I made a shadow box with a few of my Grandfathers things that were handed down to me in 2008. I finally got around to removing them tonight. My fear was that my using double sided tape to secure them may have been a very poor decision. I was relieved to find that all of the items came off without any notable damage. I have learned so much since I got these items, that I am given a second go at a display. Regrettably I did break the last remaining pin off of his Combat Infantryman Badge trying to push it through the board on the shadow box in 2008. It is to late to change it, so I have to just remember to do no further harm.

I would like to think if Grandpa had known he would have a Grandson so interested in this stuff, he would have kept the whole uniform, but then again, he probably wouldn't like all the fuss I make about it.

... anyway, here it is, 101st Airborne bullion patch. I was blown away when given a (sight unseen) valuation... although it will never leave my possession.

Combat Infantryman Badge

And his Medical collar pin. (Not a medic in Europe, but re-enlisted, and went to Japan on occupation duty as one) This is also where he met my Grandmother!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Grandfathers Airborne patch, and other things.
    P
    Many

?

Those are cool buddy. The bullion 101st patch is very desirable. Yours is in poor shape but none the less a hard one to find. I would love to see anything else you have from your grandfather. I am sure a display of them would be great to see.

Thanks Steve. This is all I have except for a few photos, and a map from Europe he had. There are some other things including his purple heart, but they are with my uncle.

I do have a M1 Bayonet that was my Great Grandfathers. He was in the Signal Corps in Italy.

Despite its condition, that is a lovely patch, and great that it has stayed in the family.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Despite its condition, that is a lovely patch, and great that it has stayed in the family.
    And will as long as I am breathing!

Thanks Jerry!

?

Very nice patch even though the condition is not the best it is still a very hard to find patch and I would definitely want it in my collection given the chance thanks for posting