Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My growing collection

Article about: I started to collect again for two years ago, been away from the hobby for over 20. So when i see how the hobby has changed, i am surprised in many ways. Anyway, i mostly collect volunteer i

?

Default Re: My growing collection

Thank you, Im happy you like them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My growing collection
    P
    Many

?

Also have these. tunic removed examples.
    These ww2 pieces always make me think of how the tunic they were attached to looked like, and were did they come from.

?

Managed to resize another photo i have. (im not a computer-wizard)

Here is a Tunic removed Nordland Collartab. It is a piece i hold more dearly than the Freies Arabien patch. Even the "prices" on the items are very different. But i do not collect for "investment".

?

Here is the armshield of a Cuban Cossack. To bad i do not have the tunic! But still a nice little piece of history.

?

This is my oldest military find. It is the third that exist in Norway, but there only exist one that is almost shaped like this.

It is from 1100 to 1300. Made out of Bronze. Wonderful symbols all around the weapon, some of the spikes is broken of, and you can clearly see it has been used in battle.
    The wood handle has rotten away, i found it in ca 60cm deep with a metaldetector.

Everyone should have one of these in their backpocket.

?

My hammer of Tor. Once around a Vikingsoldiers neck.Then he dropped it, lucky for me. Its a nice little pendant, found locally- first of its kind here were i live.

Nice weapon. It would sure give you a big headache. Do you have a drawing or something that shows what it looked like in it's original condition?

Thanks

Burt

Stunning items in your collection. Hard to beat tunics and rare patches coupled with some ancient artifacts, very nice.

What are the laws like in Norway for detecting ancient artifacts? The mace head looks as if it should be in the national museum, though undoubtedly looks good at home.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Bond- I have delivered these old items to the state museum as soon as they were found together with gps and other data, but still they are in "my" collection- because i found them and in the National archives i am the registered finder. I got a very nice diploma from the museum when they got the macehead- i can show you a photo of it one day if you like. The law here in Norway says: All items you find wich are older then 1537, must be delivered to the museum. For coins the year is 1650.

When i delivered these items to the museum i knew that my children and future generations can see this in a museum. And i am very saticfied with that.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Bond- I have delivered these old items to the state museum as soon as they were found together with gps and other data, but still they are in "my" collection- because i found them and in the National archives i am the registered finder. I got a very nice diploma from the museum when they got the macehead- i can show you a photo of it one day if you like. The law here in Norway says: All items you find wich are older then 1537, must be delivered to the museum. For coins the year is 1650.

When i delivered these items to the museum i knew that my children and future generations can see this in a museum. And i am very saticfied with that.
    In the UK you only have to hand in items if they are of precious metals, which means items like your mace head do not, which is a mistake and I think your system is better, though most people would hand in something like that anyway.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast