Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Humble Yet Growing SS/Panzer Collection

Article about: -- Well I've finally narrowed my scope and settled into the niche of SS and Panzer collecting. I'm very excited about this new hobby and will post updates every so often. I'm very lucky to h

-- Although not period, I just had to also purchase this framed drawing (pastel?) of Field Marshall Erwin Rommel. Created in 1963 by German artist Uwe Feist. Sorry about the poor pic. I was trying to get the large picture to fit in my iPhone's lens.

Stuff is coming into this little darn shop faster than I can purchase them. I also picked up some very fine pieces of Hitler Youth pieces, including an early sheathed knife w/ motto, brown cap, armband, two diamond pins (one with a gold/copper border?), and a very nice 1939 Keissinger Pin. I will post pics soon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Humble Yet Growing SS/Panzer Collection
    P
    Many

I know this artists name from various modelling books. His work is excellent.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

-- A few new additions to my collection in 2015 from the local shop.

Not exactly sure what I have here in terms of it's date and period? I know it's an orange handled WKC with sailing ships blade. It also has a hammered scabbard. The portapee is in a sad state so I'm looking for a replacement. Hangers would be a nice touch as well.

The sheath is missing the leather snap. The handle has an opaque HJ symbol and does not appear to have the usual fish-scale pattern. Is this cause for concern?

I haven't seen too many examples of these buckles around. I don't know why some HJ wore these "S" buckles?

Maker mark on the inside of the armband

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2