Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector

Article about: Hello all, I found this forum only minutes ago, so I decided to join. I recognize a lot of members here from other forums, so it looks like I won't be a stranger here. I have been a member a

Arrow My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector

Hello all,

I found this forum only minutes ago, so I decided to join. I recognize a lot of members here from other forums, so it looks like I won't be a stranger here. I have been a member and moderator of several military-related forums over the past five years, during that time my collecting interests have become very focused on WWI US and Imperial German aviation items. I would like to share a few shots of the groupings in my collection if I may.

Best regards,
    Steve

This uniform and pilot ID card represents a much larger grouping to Maj. Harry L. Wingate. The Major was an overseas instructor at the 3rd. Air Park at Issoudun. He taught stunt and combat tactics at that location, spend 18 months overseas, and was tasked with dismantling the air park at the close of the war. After the war he was active n the Georgia legislature, was a Post Master, and a business owner. The grouping is heavily documented in photos, and official orders and other related printed material. The group was obtained from the Major's widow years ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector

Next up is the uniform grouping of Lt. Howard Eales. He served with the French in SPA 120 and also the US 91st. Aero Squadron as well. This is grouping features his Croix de Guerre, French uniform/wing, many period photos and photos of Mr. Eales handing the tunic to a collector in the 1970's. Additionally, there are several letters penned by Howard stating the gift of his grouping to the collector to accompany the photo documentation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector   My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

Another aviation grouping (and the most complete I own) is another 3rd. Air Park group to Lt. Charles Hill. Soe of the items in the trunk are his tunic, two pair trousers, leather shoes, leather boots, 12 documents, 10 photos, flight helmet, Sam Brown belt, French binoculars, leather leggings, summer canvas leggings, overseas cap, overseas pilot identity card, officers visor cap, and Aero Club of America identity booklet. Nearly everything is named by Lt. Hill and the condition of all of the items is quite impressive.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector   My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector   My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector   My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

Hi and welcome to the forum ! nice uniform ! very well conserved for the uniform from the first war

Pierre

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum ! nice uniform ! very well conserved for the uniform from the first war

Pierre
    Hello Pierre,

Thank you for the welcome. It is quite impressive to hold something nearly 100 years old and observe the fantastic condition of the items. Obviously, the wearers and their families treasured these and cared for them well. To the best of my knowledge, all of the tunics are a type of gabardine wool, very refined and smooth unlike the scratchy wool encountered on issue enlisted tunics. The Wingate and Eales tunics are French tailor made, while the tunic from the Hill group is mf US manufacture. The interior materials are of a polished cotton type material.

many thank for this information , i see the old plane in your pic , and i remember i visit a very small museum in the city of Knowlton , qc, Canada and i see a splendid Fokker D-VII covering with ORIGINAL fabric , only one exist in the world with original camo fabric

Here the link : Brome County Historical Society Museum Fokker D VII German WWI Biplane

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    many thank for this information , i see the old plane in your pic , and i remember i visit a very small museum in the city of Knowlton , qc, Canada and i see a splendid Fokker D-VII covering with ORIGINAL fabric , only one exist in the world with original camo fabric

Here the link : Brome County Historical Society Museum Fokker D VII German WWI Biplane
    Beautiful aircraft! Here are a few shots of a small section of lozenge fabric I once owned. It now resides in the collection of a dear friend.

Wow ! very impressive, Thank for showing this piece !

Noor
    ?

As new member of this community as well, what I can say - Wow!!! You have very nice items! I LOVE everything what is linked with aviation!

Thanks for posting!

Regards,

Noor

Thanks very much again fellas for the replies.

BTW...Noor...don't we know one another from the GCA Forum?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast