Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector

Article about: Hello all, I found this forum only minutes ago, so I decided to join. I recognize a lot of members here from other forums, so it looks like I won't be a stranger here. I have been a member a

Default Re: My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector

Quote by stuka f View Post
    hello IMPERIAL QUEST .
    Nice collection and display you have got.
    I always admired collectors who could remain to one field of collection, like you do for aviation!
    I have got a small collection of WWI Belgian aviation die's for badges. I will try to show them asap.
    Hi Stuka,

It has been a long journey, but I have finally arrived at the point of specialization. I find that I am much happier with a focused collection. I would love to see your aviation dies.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector
    P
    Many

Here is a fine example of a cliche' issue type Prussian Pilot Badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector   My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hardware. The square mark is a mystery to Imperial German collectors, but it seems to only appear on the finest quality badges, including Iron Crosses of the period.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector   My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Superb collection and display...
    Cheers Mike

Quote by VERSUCH View Post
    Superb collection and display...
    Cheers Mike
    Thank you Mike, your reply is very much appreciated. I love sharing these pieces of history and the stories behind the objects.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hello ! Imperial Quest
    For some unknown reason i wasn't having any interest in aviation item but i was attracted by your collection probably due to the way it was displayed or the beautiful photograph you made them come alive again.And i am just starting to ad US item in my small collection and in fact it was pure luck that i won a small grouping from a US soldier and i think i found what i wanted to collect . One day i would love to be able to display such beautiful items like yours . Keep the photography of your collection coming and thanks for sharing those with us.

Quote by frenchy View Post
    Hello ! Imperial Quest
    For some unknown reason i wasn't having any interest in aviation item but i was attracted by your collection probably due to the way it was displayed or the beautiful photograph you made them come alive again.And i am just starting to ad US item in my small collection and in fact it was pure luck that i won a small grouping from a US soldier and i think i found what i wanted to collect . One day i would love to be able to display such beautiful items like yours . Keep the photography of your collection coming and thanks for sharing those with us.
    Thank you very much for your generous compliments. WWI aviation has a way of grabbing hold of you and not letting you go. The more I research about the incredible feats these fellows accomplished in their flying death traps, the more I love this area of collecting.

If I can ever do anything to help you locate something that you seeking for your collection to get you started, drop me a note. I know right now, there aren't a lot of WWI US or Imperial aviation collectors here on this site...but I am going to see if I can change that by bring in some others who collect in this fascinating area!

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Exclamation WWI German Cockpit Section from Downed Plane

This piece flew in the door literally minutes ago. It was personally delivered by Jeff Schrader of AGM. It isn't every day that you see a large section of aircraft from the Great War, especially one that was shot down.

Because of the distinctive color and the area in which t was brought down, my preliminary research has led me to believe that it was an aircraft from Jasta 14 commanded by Rudolf Berthold. His Staffel had the distinction of having the fuselages of their aircraft painted a medium blue. Due to the shape of the structure, I am fairly confident that this piece is from a Fokker D. VII. Also, given the proximity of the area German bases in relation to where this plane was brought down, it fits. The D. VII only had about 1.5 hrs. worth of fuel after take off, and looking at the area maps makes my hunch a very feasible one.

First, a shot of the period applied label on the piece. Note the spelling of Airplane (Aero Plane).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Frontal and reverse shots showing wood lamination and reinforcement ribbing. What an incredible piece of history to behold...

The piece measures approx. 53 in. X 33.5.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

I am speechless Steve! This is an absolutely amazing piece of history and I can't hardly wait to see how you'll display this one in your room. I guess your wife is going to have to report you as AWOL for a few days.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast