Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector

Article about: Hello all, I found this forum only minutes ago, so I decided to join. I recognize a lot of members here from other forums, so it looks like I won't be a stranger here. I have been a member a

Default Re: My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector

Quote by Bugme View Post
    I am speechless Steve! This is an absolutely amazing piece of history and I can't hardly wait to see how you'll display this one in your room. I guess your wife is going to have to report you as AWOL for a few days.
    I am currently sitting in the middle of it, fan blowing across my face with flight helmet and goggles on while watching "The Dawn Patrol" with Errol Flynn...I need serious help.

Seriously though, it is truly incredible to see this in person and and to see how thin and light these aircraft were.

I am planning to mount it on the wall with a photo of a Fokker D.VII in the center of the access opening. What do you think?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector
    P
    Many

?

Quote by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    I am currently sitting in the middle of it, fan blowing across my face with flight helmet and goggles on while watching "The Dawn Patrol" with Errol Flynn...I need serious help.?
    Yes, You need serious help... as do the rest of us!

I am planning to mount it on the wall with a photo of a Fokker D.VII in the center of the access opening. What do you think?
    I think that's a really neat idea. However, do you have a section of wall big enough to mount this on?... I've seen your room.

Quote by Bugme View Post
    I think that's a really neat idea. However, do you have a section of wall big enough to mount this on?... I've seen your room.
    Funny guy... With all of the items I had to part with to fund this, and the last two Aviation groups I have...I have some space.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

The crate it arrived in.

I think I am going to stain the piece and stand it vertical in my study to house one of my aviation groups. It was expertly built by Jeff, and is too nice to destroy.

I almost forgot to mention, as you can see the piece even came with its own clouds...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Introduction: WWI Aviation Collector  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Incredible collection! Thanks for the link to original D-VII. I stumbled across a site where you can buy kits to build your very own WWI aircraft. Enjoy the link: Airdrome Aeroplanes ~ Holden, MO
    Jerry

Outstanding, Steve! Now all you need is a mannequin to display it with (oh, I went there! Yup! Mmmhmmm)

I have just posted the Belgian insigna dies,here;
    Belgian air force insigna's

@ Jerry- Thanks very much for the compliment and the link as well.

@ Stuka- I'll Ck it out!

@ Chuck- Well, what can I say...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

@ Jerry- Thanks very much for the compliment and the link as well.

@ Stuka- I'll Ck it out!

@ Chuck- Well, what can I say...
    Steve,

This is a remarkable peice of history and one never seen. I may be moving a lot of my core USMC collection to fund my own unique new peice. Congrats,

Dennis

Quote by Belleauwood View Post
    Steve,

This is a remarkable peice of history and one never seen. I may be moving a lot of my core USMC collection to fund my own unique new peice. Congrats,

Dennis
    DENNIS!!!!! I am very glad to see you here, and thanks for the posting. I can't wait to see what new piece you are adding to the toy box!

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast