Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My irish Army Lighter and Button Stick

Article about: I bought these both today. ones an Irish army Batt lighter and the other is an old irish army butten stick with the owners name ingraved. Hope you like them. cheers, Pat

?

Default My irish Army Lighter and Button Stick

I bought these both today.
    ones an Irish army Batt lighter and the other is an old irish army butten stick with the owners name ingraved.
    Hope you like them.

My irish Army Lighter and Button StickMy irish Army Lighter and Button StickMy irish Army Lighter and Button Stick

My irish Army Lighter and Button StickMy irish Army Lighter and Button Stick

cheers,
    Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My irish Army Lighter and Button Stick
    P
    Many

Default Re: My irish Army Lighter and Button Stick

Hi Pat, the British Amy used the same style of button stick in brass and later in WW2 in Bakelite. Is this one steel?

I like the lighter: Zippo style lighters last for years. My wife uses one. I maintain it of course . I expect you know the other flag is for Lebanon?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Pat, the British Amy used the same style of button stick in brass and later in WW2 in Bakelite. Is this one steel?

I like the lighter: Zippo style lighters last for years. My wife uses one. I maintain it of course . I expect you know the other flag is for Lebanon?

Cheers, Ade.
    The Butten stick is steel, the antique shop has a brass one do you think i should get it?

yeah the lighter is nice, I bought it with a lot of other 70's lighters, sadly it doesent work.

cheers,
    Pat

KSH
    ?

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    The Butten stick is steel, the antique shop has a brass one do you think i should get it?

yeah the lighter is nice, I bought it with a lot of other 70's lighters, sadly it doesent work.

cheers,
    Pat
    What's wrong with the lighter, Pat? Nice items by the way!

- Kenneth

The lighter probably just needs a flint and some petrol lighter fluid. Maybe a new wick if that is missing, can't see from the pics.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Pat, the lighter will be easy to fix up as Jerry said. You can buy all the materials from most shops which sell cigarretts.

The internals will simply pull out of the body of the lighter, and you will then see a screw. Carefully undo this screw but watch out as it is spring loaded! Slowly pull the spring out and on the end you should find a small tubular shaped flint about 3 to 5 mm long. If missing or worn out, replace it. Put the spring back and carefully do up the screw. Then check the wick. This is like a bit of string and is enclosed within the body of the lighter. You can carefully pull this up using some tweezers if it is burnt down. The body of the lighter is packed with wadding. Pour the petrol lighter fluid onto this untill it is wet, but don't over fill it. Just make it all damp. Push the internals back into the body and it now should work just fine.

United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL)

Brass button sticks are nice especially if marked.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks, I dont smoke so I dont see why I need to get it fixed but its still good to get it repaired but its a bit rusty.
    I will have a go and repair it during the weakend.

The brass butten stick she wants for 15euro. Is that good?
    cheers,
    Pat

15 euro to me would be too much. 10 would be max.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: good lad for not smoking