Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Iron Crosses

Article about: How Many Oaks and Swords Ritters does he Own?? And those are just the Uncased ones? Don't tell me he has the Diamonds grade too?? I sure hope he has this collection Insured and owns a mine f

How Many Oaks and Swords Ritters does he Own?? And those are just the Uncased ones? Don't tell me he has the Diamonds grade too?? I sure hope he has this collection Insured and owns a mine field to protect it!
    (I think Nick just had a Coronary!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Iron Crosses
    P
    Many

Wagriff: I do not know out-of-heart, but various he owns.
    Yes, he has the oak leaf with diamonds and various other badges/decorations
    with diamonds (for example the TR U-boat). I am not allowed to show the box
    with that rare stuff. He calls it "his pension"!

He once started also, as all others, but he is a long time collector now for 50 years
    or so! You should see his cellar and the many draws with orders and decorations.
    As far as I remember, he owns for example all orders for the state of Bavaria.

Amazing, the things that are out there that people have no idea they are even there...That collection would, indeed, make a comfortable pension...and Then some!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I visted my German friend many times, occasionally a week or so and yet I haven't
    seen all what he has ever collected. He gives me the keys from the draws and I can
    have a look by myself at all what is there (in those days he still had a working job and
    so he was not at home)! A matter of trust, of course! I can tell you: I have seen nice
    and great collections, but so now and then I was looking with an open mouth!

What to think of draws filled with bracelets for females with only hanging miniature
    orders and decorations on it and of course Iron Crosses by the lots from the period
    the ultimate 1800's until mid 1900's. I remember he once told me it were over 200
    of them. Some bracelets only had a few hanging on, but others 10 or 15.

Understand me well, this collection just was a secondary collection, one of the few of
    his other secondary collections (pipes, minerals, which are stocked in a second cellar
    beneath his first cellar etc.).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2