Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Items in the Museum

Article about: Hey Nuno, thanks for your time, I am not having a good feeling about it too. To bad for here if the expo is legit, but I am not planning to give my item out of hands based on thise facts. Ch

Default My Items in the Museum

Hi guys, as promised here are the photos of my portuguese youth uniform and youth flag in the school museum display.
    They are on the right, next to the female sports uniform. They will stay there for a year.
    I am very happy.
    Enjoy.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Items in the Museum   My Items in the Museum  

My Items in the Museum   My Items in the Museum  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Items in the Museum
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Items in the Museum

I am happy for you-a great amount of dedication and effort put in by you.

That is a great looking display. Looks like there is also a good amount of printed information available
    to passers by. I hate displays that catch my eye and all I find is something like ("U.S. Naval Flag circa 1890" on loan by John Blow).
    Thanks for sharing with us and mostly with the school. You da man.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

Hello

Very very very nice ! Lookes great ! Congrats !

?

Great display Nuno.

Well done!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I am very glad that all of you liked the display.
    I am very happy to be able to give my contribution to that fantastic museum.
    Its a dream come true.
    Thank you all for the nice comments.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Last edited by António Fragoeiro; 08-04-2011 at 08:07 PM.

This museum is unique in the country. Its the only one of its kind.
    The board of directors of the museum was bold enough to recreat a classroom exactly like the ones during the fascist period.
    Its has on display examples of books that were used back then.
    The devices, the teachers used to beat up the kids, are also on display.
    Photos, documents, typewriters, toys.
    Everything used by the kids during school time.
    The director also told about the reactions of some of the visitors, most people is amazed with quality of the exposition but the ones that experienced the regime, imediatly cry, remembering the bad times.
    The museum is so accurate in its detail, that its fantastic.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hey Nuno,
    I have got some questions for ,as a museum in Ghent showed some intrest in displaying the Zeppelin parts I have for a commemorative exposition.
    But it is all rather chaotic...
    The lady in charge of the expo contacted me, thise week, to arrange a date to get the item, but no futher comment on inssurance policy, or any other document.
    The original question was put early in january of thise year and she told me we would get together in order to discusse all the paper work and technical things , but I never heard of here since and now out of the blue she wants to come by and pic theze parts up as the expo starts early september.....???
    Problem is; I have nothing but bad memmories from dealing with museums in the past , thise was in order to make new aquisitions for them, so I never had any experience with them in the matter of lending...
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Hey Nuno,
    I have got some questions for ,as a museum in Ghent showed some intrest in displaying the Zeppelin parts I have for a commemorative exposition.
    But it is all rather chaotic...
    The lady in charge of the expo contacted me, thise week, to arrange a date to get the item, but no futher comment on inssurance policy, or any other document.
    The original question was put early in january of thise year and she told me we would get together in order to discusse all the paper work and technical things , but I never heard of here since and now out of the blue she wants to come by and pic theze parts up as the expo starts early september.....???
    Problem is; I have nothing but bad memmories from dealing with museums in the past , thise was in order to make new aquisitions for them, so I never had any experience with them in the matter of lending...
    |<
    Hi Kris
    In my case, after all the contacts being made, i went to the museum to deliver the pieces.
    Right there we signed the contract,( in my case a 1 year ). Each museum may have diferent types of insurance.
    In this case, their insurance covered all possible situations( fire, robbery, vandalism, etc...) for their own and borrowed pieces.
    You also should ask to see the display case where they will be displayed and to have your name next to them. Also, ask them to sent you photos of the display case after its been complete.
    Keep the contract, as a safeguard. You never know what can happen.

Thats about it. However one thing you wrote that bothers me, " they will go to your house"??? That seems a bit odd.
    I have never heard of such thing, the right thing would be, scheduling an appointment with the board of directors in the museum and go there yourself.
    I dont know what to say.
    I hope this helps.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast