Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Kid's Lids

Article about: Here are my kid's helmets. We finally got them all up on shelves. Nothing special up there yet, several are relics, but my son is pretty proud of them. Most of these have been posted on the

Default My Kid's Lids

Here are my kid's helmets. We finally got them all up on shelves. Nothing special up there yet, several are relics, but my son is pretty proud of them. Most of these have been posted on the forum, in one thread or another, over the past year or so.

Top row left to right:
    1. M1917 with liner and chin strap; 2. M1917 “reject” training helmet (no liner); 3. Canadian MKII with liner and chin strap; 4. British MKII shell, repainted and lined to Dutch Civil Defense; 5. Portuguese M1916 Fluted Helmet (no liner of course); 6. British MKIV with liner and chin strap; 7. German M34 civil shell (This was the very first helmet he picked up and started this whole mess!); 8. Italian M33 shell remnants of specialty emblem and post war Khaki paint; 9. East German Paratrooper; 10. US Civil Defense “OCD” with liner.

Bottom row left to right;
    1. Italian M15/16 Elmetto relic (Spanish Civil War); 2. Italian M33 with rough liner and chin strap (Spanish Civil War); 3. Swiss M1918 (First Type); 4. Swiss M1918/43; 5. East German M1956 VoPo; 6. US M-1 VN era w/liner; 7. US M1 Westinghouse liner WWII era (CPO Machinist Mate marked); 8. US DH-132A Combat Vehicle Crewman CVC Helmet with Ballistic Shell. Not shown is his USN MKII Talker helmet that he is restoring.

My Kid's Lids

My Kid's Lids

My Kid's Lids

My Kid's Lids

My Kid's Lids

I think we’ve got all these helmets ID’s correct (with much help from various WRF members) but if not, I’m sure someone will step up and put us back on track!

Russ & Son

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Kid's Lids
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Kid's Lids

Nice displaying with very nice helmets! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Hi russ,
    Nice display of helmets, great collection thanks for showing them good luck in your helmet hunting.
    dave.

Well done Guys!

Thanks everyone, I'll pass on the Kudos to the kid. We're heading to South Dakota for a week and plan on spending part of that time searching through small town antique stores. I'm sure we'll manage to bring home a few new treasures!

Russ

?

GREAT collection some nice lids ! I wish you and your son good luck in your collection!

Kind regards
    Alex

Very well displayed and a great selection of helmets.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Great little collection! I love how you guys alternate helmets that are on stands and just resting on the shelf. I've got to do that with my collection because of a lack of space.

Could you post a better picture of the "2. Italian M33 with rough liner and chin strap (Spanish Civil War)" in the 2nd picture? I was in an antique store in Siena, Italy and passed up on one of these... I think?

Keep up the great work, guys!

GIZMO8Z,

Here is an old thread a posted, back when I was trying to figure out what exactly that helmet was. Folks here helped me nail it down.

Italian Relics

Thanks for the kind words on the display, will pass them along to the kid.

Regards,

Russ

russ your son has done very well and should be proud ,what a great collection of interesting and original lids pure quality and nicely displayed thanks for sharing james

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast