Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My little collection - with some questions

Article about: it looks more like a .45 cal with the lip on the bottom

?

Default My little collection - with some questions

This is my rather small collection of different militaria.

The first pic is all the guys togeher.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection - with some questions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My little collection - with some questions
    P
    Many

?

Default My little collection - 2

Pic. 2 is my only "true" war relic and was what started my interest in relics.
    The 50 cal. round I found when I was about 12 years old in my fathers field. With no shooting range around, it could only have come from the air and the only air battle taking place near my parents house was in 1944. But wait, there is more. I then talked to one of the older relatives of mine and he told my he had witnessed that air battle! It was between a B-17 and a ME 109. The 109 was shot down and he then went and broke the law and picked up several 50 cal shell cases and even picked up some parts of the crashed 109. He gave me one of the shell cases and I fitted my round to it. In theory, they could have been together 60 years before...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection - with some questions  

Default Re: My little collection - with some questions

Hi Allan !

They're the makers initials and the date of production.

- Very nice Mills ! !

Regards,

Steve.

?

Default My little collection - 3

Now for the questions:

Pic 3 & 4 is of some 2" mortar smoke bombs I found at my gradfathers place, but are they actually from WW2? they are stamped "J.E.H. 43". Anyone know what that means?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection - with some questions   My little collection - with some questions  

?

Default My little collection - 4

Pic 5 & 6 is a ”M/36” pineapple grenade. I know it was used by the Danish army from 1945 to about 1954. Does anyone know when this is from?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection - with some questions   My little collection - with some questions  

?

Default My little collection - 5

Pic 7 & 8 is a bit of mystery. It is for a pistol (it is to small for 9mm) but for what gun? Any clues? I have some spent 7.65 mm pistol rounds that fits quite nicely, but I can’t be sure.

Default Re: My little collection - 4

Quote by AllanT View Post
    Pic 5 & 6 is a ”M/36” pineapple grenade. I know it was used by the Danish army from 1945 to about 1954. Does anyone know when this is from?

No. 36 Mills - dated 1944 - nice one !

Steve.

?

Default My little collection - 6

last but not least..

Pic 9 is from a “Ernerga” rifle grenade. My best guess is that this is a post war item, since the Danish Army used this grenade until the late 60’s (with the Garand rifle).

That’s my little collection and a little story about how it all started. I hope I didn’t bore you all to much.

PS. I had to split my post in 6 parts because I couldn't upload all the pictures a once.

Stormtrooper
    ?

Default Re: My little collection - with some questions

Pic-5..380 cal. maybe? Cool stuff,Stormtrooper

?

Default Re: My little collection - 5

Quote by AllanT View Post
    Pic 7 & 8 is a bit of mystery. It is for a pistol (it is to small for 9mm) but for what gun? Any clues? I have some spent 7.65 mm pistol rounds that fits quite nicely, but I can’t be sure.
    I finally found some clues on this on. The Magazine is from a FN Browning 1910 (see pic). The German Army left quite a few of these weapons behind when they left Denmark in 1945 and some of these were used by the newly formed Home Guard. Now I just have to find the gun at my Grandparents place... :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images My little collection - with some questions 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast