MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

My little SS collection

Article about: Hi everyone! I would like to show you my actual SS collection. Hope to add more items soon! Have a nice day!

Great SS collection!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My little SS collection
    P
    Many

?

Thank you very much!

?

Very nice, congrats on the finds so far.

Liking your collection. Just getting started myself.

?

In my opinion nice set, but I would never collect a Camps gaurds tab, thats just wrong imo. Just saying whoever wore that most definetely did some horrible horrible things.

?

It's a personal decisions whether or not to buy SS things, but not collecting them won't change what happened.

What I take exception to is the faking of these sorts of things, especially "Jude" stars and other like items.

?

Yes the fact that people fake the Jude star and sell them is awful. Alot of the holocaust peices should be in museums etc, like the striped clothes worn by the inmates. Ive seen quite a few for sale and it disgusts me.

?

By the way, your collection is coming along beautifully, Waban! This is one of my favorite threads to check for updates.

?

Quote by WillC View Post
    Yes the fact that people fake the Jude star and sell them is awful. Alot of the holocaust peices should be in museums etc, like the striped clothes worn by the inmates. Ive seen quite a few for sale and it disgusts me.
    Well, as I said, I have no trouble with any genuine items, but fakes are indeed very unpleasant to see.

The thing that many don't realize about museums is that they are often very poor 'stewards' of historical objects. They are often mishandled, stored incorrectly and, believe it or not, are sold if they don't fit in with the main scope of the exhibits. Some people donate things to a museum expecting the items to go on display for all to appreciate, but in fact, many things are either stored in the back room and never seen except when employees take inventory, or are sold to raise funds for other things. Oftentimes, nice pieces get more exposure in a collector's holdings, either by showcasing it online or showing it to other interested people. Museums are nice, but in my opinion, they are sometimes given too much credit.

Apologies for hijacking Waban's very nice thread! I will not go off track any farther.

Quote by Waban View Post
    Yes, it's a "badge of service in the NSDAP" (NSDAP Verdienstabzeichen).

It was worn on the sleeve and indicates the year of commitment to the Party. 1925 is the first year of introduction of the badge. It wasn't a must to wear, only allowed.

It's not a SS item but I really wanted to add it to my collection.
    And nifty little items they are too!

My little SS collection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast