Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

My Militaria collection

Article about: What a fantastic collection Douglas, thanks for showing it Thanks, Glen.

Default Re: My Militaria collection

My small collection of Soviet equipment and personal items. They include a PPS43 sub machine gun dated 1944, a Mosin Nagant M38 Carbine dated 1942, an Ssh40 helmet dated 1948, and RGD-33 grenade and 44 dated pouch, a 41 dated waterbottle, soldiers spoon, 45 dated wrist compass, and medals including the medal for courage and defence of Leningrad. There is also a soldiers paybook, 1945 copy of Pravda newspaper, a warbonds certificate and soldiers letter. Also a Tokarev TT30 pistol, dated 1935. And a PPsh41 SMG, dated 1944, with battledamaged helmet. Also a DP28 Machine gun with ammunition tin, dated 44.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Militaria collection   My Militaria collection  

My Militaria collection   My Militaria collection  

Last edited by douglas2496; 04-05-2016 at 04:32 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Militaria collection
    P
    Many

Not much for me to add that hasn't already been said! Realy great collection! What do you use for a background and what type of lighting to you use in your photographs?

Refards,
    Kevin

Hi Kevin, thanks for your comment. I am photographing in a small studio with studio flash equipment against a black cloth backdrop. I am then removing any traces of the back cloth in Photoshop.

Just Incredible ! Bravo

?

Wonderfully presented as usual - thanks Douglas.

Regards,

Carl

My latest uniform display, a USAAF officer in Britain wearing service dress 'pinks and greens'. He wears a crush cap by Dobbs and pilots wings, as well as the insignia of the 8th Air Force.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Militaria collection   My Militaria collection  

Some Royal Navy uniforms 1940-45. The group picture shows clockwise from top left, Officers service dress jacket and cap, dated 1940 for a Lt Commander Royal Navy Reserve, Duffel coat (1944) with ratings cap, Officers battledress jacket for a Lieutenant (1945) Officers hot weather service dress, and at bottom left, ratings uniform and cap.

My Militaria collection  

My British Lusitania medal with box and commemorative postcard. These medals were originally produced in Germany (only 500 were privately produced) to blame The Cunard Line for the deaths of passengers, and make clear that the ship was carrying war material and therefore a legitimate target. It was then reproduced by the British in 1916 (250,000 were struck) to show how the Germans were 'gloating' over the deaths of civillians. The front shows the ship sinking, with war material spilling over board, and says 'No Contraband! The Great Steamer Lusitania was sunk by a German submarine 5th May 1915.' The date of the sinking was actually 7th May. The reverse shows a skeleton selling tickets at the Cunard offices and says 'Business over everything' One of the passengers can be seen reading a newspaper pointing out the danger of submarine activity.

- - Updated - -

Some WW2 British Kit.

Some WW2 British army uniforms and equipment.

My Militaria collection  

Very nice collection!
    Thaddeus

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast