Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My mix of Third Reich Collection so far!

Article about: Hi here´s my collction so far! its not much but i havent collected for such a long time either

Default Re: My mix of Third Reich Collection so far!

Beautifully displayed collection!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My mix of Third Reich Collection so far!
    P
    Many

?

They look well presented in those frames, nicely done. Make sure they stay out of sunlight.
    Have you posted them individually in the Third Reich Decorations forum for the guys to take a closer look at?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    They look well presented in those frames, nicely done. Make sure they stay out of sunlight.
    Have you posted them individually in the Third Reich Decorations forum for the guys to take a closer look at?

Thank you! No i havent displayed them one by one yet..i might do that but not for a little while because of the little job of putting them in and out of the frames etc.. but i can assure that they are all 110% original period items

The first frame on top has a KVK of second class (unmarked maker but its an early one of high quality) and it might have been issued as an RKKVK beacuse the ribbon has marks of additional strings sewn/attached to the ends of an longer ribbon for the KVK and the ring on the cross is bent/twisted so it should lay properly on around the neck when the ribbon is inserted in the ring..it COULD be a temporarly solution done by one that were awarded with the RKKVK But dident/couldnt get a cross at that time of different reasons might be such as ...Late War,The RKKVK were more seldom then an RKEK Etc etc... the seller of this cross is an highly regarded collector/seller but even he can´t confirm that this has been issued as stated above "But it could have been" we all know the so called "field manufactured EK´s" that were made when no real MM cross could be given at the moment, Anyway we will never get to know whats what and not about this KVK but i´ll find it quite intresting ...

Cheers

Daniel

And they are never in any kind of way exposed to the sun..
    And the frames are somewhat airtight in thier construction so my medals/reichmarks in silver cant be victims to the air around them so they can keep looking so nice and mint as they are

?

Your display inspired me to present my EK2 in much the same way as you have

Robbie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2