Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection

Article about: After being a member here at War Relics for exactly one year now I thought it was time to show a bit of my collection. Hereby some pics (made with my phone) from my modest Soviet ww2 Great P

Thanks a lot Bjorn. The Nevsky is indeed my most favourite purchase this year

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection
    P
    Many

Awesome collection! Well displayed

whilst I don't really know what I'm looking at, I like them...they look great the the overall presentation is impressive. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks a lot gentlemen for your feedback. Much appreciated!

?

Very nice Ushanka!

... and I like the way you display the badges on the little stands. Very smart.
    Where did you get those?

As for modest, it’s quality that beats quantity every time...
    Just like the other chaps, I think your collection is in the former camp.

That said, I don’t recall if it was Lenin or Stalin who said, “Quantity, has a quality all its own!”

All the best,
    Bob

Thanks a lot Bob! Here's some better shots from the ushanka, including real battle damage:
    Well worn ushanka with battle damage

Those medalstands I bought on Ebay. Several sellers out there. I got mine from both several places in Europe as well as the US. I don't have a specific link anymore unfortunately but I just use the search word medalstand or coinstand.

Cheers!
    Marcel

Hereby a tiny update. All my fieldgear is now stored in boxes, I simply ran out of space. The majority of my Bravery medals and War Merit medals are also stored away because of lack of space. Still I am pleased with how it looks now, even though a lot is not on display anymore.

Visually impressive! Where things look the same, what are the differences....stamped numbers? Dates?

Thanks! Yes, those orders that look the same are all stamped with individual serial numbers. That is how the Soviets made their orders and medals. With these serial numbers the awardee can be found in the central archives. This is why collecting Soviet medals and orders is so interesting. Each medal and order can be researched. A short history of the awardee is then available and sometimes even a photograph of the awardee.

Hereby a small example, it's an Order of Patriotic War 2nd class serial # 175767.

When searching this serial # in the archives the awardee's record card can be found with all relevant information. On the obverse personal information and on the reverse the awards received by the awardee, in this case including his OPW # 175767.

My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collectionMy modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection
    My modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collectionMy modest Soviet Great Patriotic War militaria collection

And with this also the reason why he was awarded this order can be found on yet again another document:

In this case it is an order awarded to a Guards Tank Company commander of a IS-2 heavy tank.
    See all info: OPW II # 175767 IS tank company commander

Excellent.....thank you so much. Every day is a School Day........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast